“Best in Milwaukee”
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I treated myself to a night at the Iron Horse Hotel while visiting relatives in Milwaukee. The place is fantastic. Sitting in the lobby is like being in an art museum, the room was huge with state of the art Kohler shower and other amenities. The bar was fun and pleasant and the restaurant served a great breakfast. I loved the fact that dogs were embraced and welcomed by name, and I loved being close to the Harley Museum which blew me away. The staff at the Iron Horse were the greatest- always offering lots of water in all the settings and being attentive but not pushy. I WILL BE BACK !!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

I am so happy to hear that you were able to spend time with us and had such an amazing time. Your comments on our staff and the pieces in the Lobby are so appreciated by everyone here. We hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Iron Horse Hotel

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at the Iron Horse Hotel in early february for a two night stay. This was for a business trip, and was first class all the way. The beds were large and comfortable and the state-of-the-art television made you feel right at home. I was able to order room service one evening, and was extremely impressed with the quality of food. The hotel definitely had a way of making you feel spoiled. The only reason I rated it a 4 rather than a 5 was because of the train noise in the evening (around 9PM). You could hear them stop and load/unload. I also had some minor billing issues; however, these issues were promptly and respectfully taken care of. Overall, it was a great stay. I'd recommend this for a romantic weekend get-away or a business trip.

Room Tip: The business center was small and didn't have much room to work. I would stay in the suite to o...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

If you left here feeling spoiled than we did our job and we hope all of our guests leave here feeling like that. I am sorry about the train noise and the billing error. When you decide to stay with us again, please let me know and I will be sure to have you in a room that is away from the train. Thank you again!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

"Worth a Journey" is what Michelin guides call their most impressive locations. The Iron Horse Hotel--as a hotel--succeeds in that territory of excellence while remaining casual, comfortable and entirely welcoming. Having constructed it from an old industrial building, it has high ceilings in the rooms, which are very upscale comfortable modern--and those looking west and north have great views of downtown. Food and drink are plentiful and well conceived for the property identity. The staff is well trained and customer focused--this is true throughout the hotel, but especially at the front desk. Our friends in Milwaukee love when we visit because they know there will be a visit to The Iron Horse for drinks and dinner! Outstanding!!!

Room Tip: I like the rooms that look to downtown skyline and bridges.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank prontomac

Thank you so much Dr. M for the review! We are always so happy to see you when you come in. I am sure we will see you again real soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Amazing and one of a kind! Definitely going back sometime soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Being on someone's bucket list is truly a great compliment. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Where do I start? We parked our bikes in the covered and well lit motorcycle parking and when we walked in the front door we were each greeted with warm and smiling faces eager to assist us with any aspect of our stay AND they handed each of us a fresh Tequila Sunrise! The rooms were so clean and tidy I felt right at home. The lighting and decor was modern but felt very warm and comfortable. The bathroom was exquisite and the shower was absolutely fabulous. We traveled over 600 miles in one day to Milwaukee and we were all covered in road grime and in were serious need of a shower. After the other three took their showers I took mine and literally stayed in the shower blasting the hot water for over an hour and never did the water get cold! I could have slept in the shower and been happy with my stay! The hotel is extremely dog friendly which makes me totally happy although we didn't bring our dog with us we will bring him on another stay. We saw many dogs in various sizes in all areas of the hotel bu not once did we see a hair or hear so much as a bark the entire stay. Next to the elevators there is a communal bowl of water and food along with some treats and a chalkboard with all of the dog's names that are staying in the hotel that day. Both of the restaurants had awsome food and drinks and the staff was extremely accomodating and happy to see us. The breakfast buffet was wonderfully surprising with an abundance of items which were served at the appropriate temperatures. The nightlife there at the hotel was always abundant but not disruptive and all of the guests were respectful of the hotel and the other patrons. We have absolutely no complaints about this hotel and plan on staying there many more times. In fact, my husband and I plan on taking a trip to just stay in the hotel for a romantic weekend getaway. if you're in Milwaukee, you have to stay here. If you don't, you will regret it!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaltLife19751
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you so much for this great review. Your comments on our showers and our VIPooches were glowing and we appreciate that so much. Thank you again and we hope to have you back soon!