“Nice way to start the day”

Prairie Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #17 of 113 Restaurants in Middleton
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Stopped by to have a late breakfast with my sister. The food is all fresh, tasty and made from scratch and with too many fast food places around, greatly appreciated. The coffee is fresh and the people friendly. What more could you want to start your day?

Reviewed 25 November 2016

This is a favorite place to stop before or after walking the loop in Pheasant Branch. Good bakery items, interesting omelettes, daily specials, and the only place for coffee now that Star Bucks has moved. Never had a disappointing meal here. Staff are friendly and patient as you have so many choices.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Prairie Cafe offers an array of morning brews, but their breakfast and lunch offerings are unique and change daily. If you are not in the mood for a full plate, you will have exceptional, freshly made pastries to select from and enjoy!

Reviewed 31 August 2016

This is definitely one of the best breakfasts in town. I personally love their wraps but they have great omelettes, sandwiches, and baked goods as well. My only complaint is that the ordering line is often very slow for some reason and the kitchen can get backed up at busy times, especially on Sunday mornings.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

I love being able to walk to this cafe! The space is light and airy with a revolving art collection from the local area. Breakfasts are wonderful with lots of selection. I have enjoyed many a special scramble of the day. Their baked goods are also pretty yummy! I have tried scones, muffins, and cookies and they are all exceptional!

Lunch is good here too. I have enjoyed sandwiches and salads. The only disappointment I have had from this restaurant is their soups. I have tried at least 4 and they all have lacked taste. I have tried minestrone, mushroom barley, and clam chowder. I don't want a rich creamy calorie laden soup but I do want it to have flavor.

Moving from out of state I wanted a house close to restaurants and a park so I did check this out before buying. It helped make the decision to buy in this area. Very fun place!

1  Thank voyageurfoodie