“Cheese Curds, Craft Beer and Outside Garden”

Craftsman Table & Tap
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2018

This friendly neighborhood restaurant/bar is a favorite of ours. Probably the best deep-fried cheese curds in Madison (and possibly the world!). I usually have one of the unique and fresh salads, but today branched out to the burger. Good-quality meat, perfectly prepared, with a good-quality brioche bun that held together for eating. I suggest ordering the cheese curds rather than fries if you haven't already splurged for them as an appetizer. The craft beers offered have lots of variety, and are served perfectly chilled. Sit outside if the weather allows. Staff here are always friendly and relaxed.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Was on a business trip and after several days of eating “bar food” I just wanted some comfort food, and apparently that’s not easily done around this town. Went to the Craftsman and they had pot roast and mash potatoes and gravy. Spectacular meal that really hit the spot. Meat was so tender. We also got cheese curds that honestly were the best I have ever had. Highly recommend

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Our food was amazing! Delicious cheese curds, amazing pear and walnut salad, and wonderful potato soup. Would definitely go again!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited on a Friday night. We both ordered the fish and chips and were very pleased. The staff was friendly. They also have a large selection of craft beers on tap. We were there as a couple but the restaurant is well suited for entire families.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

One of my favorite places to stop at in Middleton! Some drinks are a bit pricey, but I've always been pleased going here. Great food, good beer selection, and cocktails.