“Great food, Service and Atmosphere”

Ballyhoos Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Merrill
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 8 October 2015

I was at Ballyhoos last Sunday night and had a great prime rib! This is after being there the Friday before and having a fantastic fish fry. I have enjoyed the food, friendly service and really like the atmosphere. The recent updating to a very historic building is very appealing as well. Reasonable prices and a nice fresh salad bar are a plus as well.

1  Thank Jeff S

Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

Had my daughter's bridal shower here & everything was wonderful. The mother of the groom and I met with Cheryl and her staff prior to the event and enjoyed great burgers. For the shower our menu was customized and delicious. The cheesecakes were awesome. I also enjoy their beer selection. Great place, great people!

1  Thank Verona L
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

Some friends suggested we go to ballyhoos for fish fry. We had horrible service. The waitress treated us like we were children. We had to go up to get our check. The fish couldn't taste any more "fishy". Our drinks were more ice than anything. Seriously? Had a very bad experience. I wouldn't recommend this "establishment " to anyone. You want to eat "fishy fish" just go eat a live one out of the river and save yourself some money!

3  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

Was are 1st time there, Went there about 4:30pm on a Saturday not very many people in there (about 2 or 3 groups of 2) the waitress wasn't very friendly, i asked her about what they put in there bloody marys and she was very condescending told me vodka and mix was just rude about it. My sister and I ordered the chicken knew it would be about a 45min wait not a problem but when we got it, it wasn't very good had a very bland taste also got the seafood soup also bland no taste. Are waitress only came to are table to take are order and to give us are food we waited about 10 to 15 minutes for her to come back with the bill she never came don't even know where she went never saw her again had to go to the bar to get the bill when I went the person was turned way doing something so I waited when she turned around she must not of saw me she helped someone else OK fine when she was done she looked past me and acknowledged someone who just came in even though I was right in front of her waiting I waited about 3min for her. Over all a bad experience will NEVER go there again but one good thing nice interior

1  Thank Jana A
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Just got back from picking up take out from here and opened my container to find dried out poor man's fish and few potatoes to eat. It was as if they forgot to cut them? I have always really liked the poor man's from here but now will think twice before deciding to order from here again. Did they get a new cook or something? What happened?