The hotel was lovely--lobby, great room, our room. But that's as far as it goes.
1. We wanted to get a bit of supper. The only place was in the smoke filled bar. We went outside the hotel--only place non-smoking was a Subway.
2. In our room, there was a light fixture hanging from the ceiling by it's wires.
3. There was not enough kleenex left in our room. When the color changes from white to non-white, this is an indication of getting close to the bottom of the box.
4. The only ice machine listed in the motel book was out of order with no directions to another ice machine--finally found one near the lobby.
5. In the Great Room where they held their "free continental breakfast", this consisted of about 5-6 different kinds of bread/toast, coffee, and juice. The tile floor right near the food was very sticky. We were there about 7:00 AM and I believe they opened about 6:00 AM. The room was supposedly cleaned around 1:30 AM.
6. The motel map was very hard to read. When taking the end stairs from the second floor, we ended up outside--not on the first floor of the motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring beckon you North to the Great Northern Motel. We're offering fun for the whole family including hiking, fishing, snowmobiling, swimming, and more. You will never get bored! Our motel has 80 rooms available, plus we now offer are very spacious and comfortable whirlpool suite. You'll feel like you're right at home. We include a complimentary breakfast every morning you're with us; and pets are also welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your The Great Northern Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Northern Hotel