“Second Chance”

China Buffet
Ranked #38 of 75 Restaurants in Mequon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Nearly a year ago I wrote a review of China Buffet and concluded that I did would not recommend it. I thought that in all fairness I should return and see if anything had changed. Well, I can say that there have been improvements.

The food was of good quality and mostly hot. A few entrees could have been warmer but they were still serving temperature. There was a good selection of traditional oriental fare but a few Americanized dishes were available. Although the chef was not at the Hibachi grill, he was available upon request. The sushi was tasty and provided a modest selection of types. There was a good selection of deserts and salads which were well done. The service was friendly, fast, and most gracious. Tables were quickly cleared and appropriately cleaned. I still find the carpeting most troublesome with stains, tears, and food crumbs. The bathrooms were clean and attended to.

All in all, however, the staff and ownership appear to have worked to improve the faults that I noted in my earlier review. I would now recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The lunch buffet was average. The food was tepid rather than hot. There were many choices on the buffet and most were typical of Chinese buffets. The seating leaves a bit to be desired. You have to walk through a narrow partition to get to the buffet while others are returning to their tables with their food which means constantly stepping back so you don't bump into each other. We felt the room could be more attractively arranged to give it a better atmosphere. It is rather stark and not too warm looking.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Hidden in a strip mall is this Mequon Chinese restaurant. Many, many decent options exist. You'll love this, especially if all-you-can-eat is your thing. Decent blend of Cantonese and Mandarin dishes.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Won't go back. Food was cold and nothing special. Restaurant was run down and not very clean looking. Disappointed in our experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

This is my family's favorite Chinese restaurant. Great food. We always have the buffet and everything is always fresh and plentiful. They even have decent cheese pizza for those who are not fans of Chinese dishes. Plus they have a large salad bar and many deserts including soft serve ice cream and toppings.