“Private Retreat”

Lauerman Guest House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marinette
Lauerman Guest House Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Marinette B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2015

This is a beautiful place-so ornate, like a fairytale. I loved that it was private, the staff worked quietly in the background. We only stayed one short night but the balcony room was a spacious retreat. Loved the honor bar set up, loved breakfast. If our travels ever take us this way again I would again choose to stay here. It is really unique.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariasch

Reviewed 27 July 2015

We were on a 7 day bike ride and stayed at a B&B every night. This place was just average compared to the rest. Staff is minimal so if you have a problem with anything, you are on your own. The website gives the illusion of a restaurant that also does private affairs. They only do private affairs and dining choices in Marinette are minimal. The breakfast was a joke. We were served four bite size quiche that you can buy frozen and put in the microwave and some fruit. I would skip Marinette and the Lauerman house.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monika W
Reviewed 18 September 2014

We stayed at the Lauerman House in on 9/7 and 9/8/2014. We had the balcony Suite. We were in the area to do a tour the waterfalls.

The B&B-This is a beautiful Victorian Mansion that had recently been painted on the outside. The furnishings were a surprise, even though we had seen a few pictures online. The mixture of antiques, modern and even French furniture was unusual, but very well done. There is a small, attractive, well stocked, honor bar . The common areas are attractive and inviting. We never met the owner, but the staff we did meet were very friendly and accommodating. No staff is on site and we had to call for someone to let us in. They came quickly, so we didn't have to wait long.

The location is across the street from the Menominee River, which offers a beautiful setting. It is just a few minutes from the Interstate Bridge/US 41 which goes to Menominee MI. We spent more time in Menominee MI than Marinette, WI because of restaurants, a walking tour etc. We would warn you that even though it is quiet during the day it is very close to a railroad track and trains went through both nights; one at 12:20am and one at 4:00am with whistles blowing. It didn't bother us as much on the second night.

Suite-The suite was clean and had a huge balcony overlooking the river, It was furnished with modern, art deco type furniture and was decorated that way also. We had beautiful weather, so we spent a lot of time on the balcony. Bed was comfortable and bedding was nice.

Breakfast-first day the quiche was overcooked, but the pancakes the second day were excellent.

Overall, a much better experience than a standard hotel.

Room Tip: We loved the balcony suite with view of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a relief - a beautifully restored Victorian mansion that isn't all flowers and lace. This place is CLEAN, filled with period antiques, original woodwork and windows, well kept yard and porches, antique fixtures but jazzed up with art deco-style pieces, rugs and lamps, splashes of color! Heidi, the innkeeper was energetic and enthusiastic, warmly greeting us, giving us helpful ideas on where to eat and bike. She provided us with all the information we needed to be responsible guests. We totally enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it to anyone in the area, actually, we'd say "Go out of your way to stay there" it's that nice!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed at the inn the last two nights on business. I have had TERRIBLE experiences at every chain hotel in this area in the past year and was anxious to arrive somewhere decent. I was not disappointed. The staff member made a point to make a fire for me prior to leaving for the evening (both evenings) and took me on a tour of the home. It was decorated beautifully for Christmas and was a peaceful place to return to after the business day. My room was nice, however, I was the only guest for my two evenings. I think I may have felt a tad more comfortable having someone else there (a guest or the proprietor). Other than that, I will be back! I loved my stay so much, my trip was extended and I am staying at the sister property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business