“Family birthday”

The Boat House Bar & Grill
Ranked #46 of 112 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Price range: USD 7 - USD 17
Description: The Boat House Bar & Grill opened in May 2017 and is located next to Big Foot Beach on Lake Geneva's south east shore. Since then, The Boat House Bar & Grill has been serving quality interpretations of classic American dishes. The Boat House Bar & Grill interior reflects the sophisticated sensibilities of the surrounding area while also paying tribute to Lake Geneva's storied past.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I had reservations inside. Table was outside. whe I called for reservations I was told to leisurely have drinks and appetizers we would be able to relax, have a few drinks and order dinner later. We ordered our drinks and the waiter PUSHED for us to immediately order dinner then. We asked her to bring our drinks and we would first be ordering appetizers in a bit. She came back with the drinks and continued to push us to order. It was just too much. We then ordered our appetizers. She brought them out. Pushed to get us to order. Pushed. The kitchen would be getting busy. Rude! There were seven meals ordered. Terrible. Fish. Not cooked all of the way. Beet salad with shrimp...it was dead and it came with chicken. Young men brought our food out. Never saw her again. The band was really bad. The waitress (black eye) made the experience bad but she turned our table over fast. I would never recommend this place and oh....don't be fooled by the best sunset because they will have you out of there before it sets!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Began with them messing up the reservation and went downhill from there. Ordered drinks which were delivered and the waitress immediately wanted us to order. All the drinks with alcohol arrived but I had to remind her to bring my non-alcohol drink. After being informed that we would like some appetizers first she said ‘the kitchen is getting busy, ‘You should order in the next 10 minutes’. It seemed like she was rushing to turn over our table of seven from the time we arrived until we left even though the place was not full.
Some of the meals were not as we had ordered. Example: chicken on salad instead of the shrimp . Food was mediocre at best. It was questionable if the fish was cooked enough.
There was music, but not good.
Nice location but the atmosphere is not appealing. Doesn’t appear to be well kept and customer service doesn’t seem to be a priority.
We decided to leave instead of having some more drinks and watch the sunset.
I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Super service—putting the umbrella down was quickly & easily accomplished by our server—no complaints!
The perch sandwich was ever so delicious- very lightly breaded-wonderfully flavorful.
Great outdoor area, lots of beer and wine choices. I can’t wait to return.
The best is that it’s out of the congested area of Lake Geneva.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My family was considering where to eat dinner after a Sunday on the lake. We had boated past the Boat House many times, but we never ate there. We decided to give it a shot, and we loved it. The food was great, and the view was awesome. The service was quick and nice. My family was very impressed by the Boat House and we will definitely come again.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Jane was a great waitress. Always had a smile on her face and truly was helpful throughout the dinner. So much so, that she helped me propose to my girlfriend during a sunset. Jane is a lucky charm. I hope you have the opportunity to have her as your waitress.