“The view is the awesome”

The Boat House Bar & Grill
Ranked #46 of 107 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Price range: USD 7 - USD 17
Description: The Boat House Bar & Grill opened in May 2017 and is located next to Big Foot Beach on Lake Geneva's south east shore. Since then, The Boat House Bar & Grill has been serving quality interpretations of classic American dishes. The Boat House Bar & Grill interior reflects the sophisticated sensibilities of the surrounding area while also paying tribute to Lake Geneva's storied past.
Reviewed 23 October 2017

This location has gone through a number of restaurants so I hope this one makes it. Lot's of outside seating with great views of the lake. The service very slow and they were extremely busy but they waitstaff should at least be able to service their tables. The people next to us had to go inside to place their order because a server never came to take their order.

I ordered a medium rare burger and it came burnt on the outside and medium well. The burger had good flavor but was cooked more to my liking.

Definitely has potential to be a great place but they have some tweaks to be made and I'm not sure that there prices will keep the locals coming in over the winter. Hopefully they have some nightly special or a winter menu with different prices to keep the locals coming in the off season.

I will try it again to see if there is a different outcome because it would be nice to see a place make it long term

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I will start the review by saying that other than the pretzel (which was good) we were not actually able to actually eat. There was the most obscene fly issue in the restaurant this afternoon. We ordered the kids hamburger in hopes of feeding our kids and after the meal came we were literally attacked by flies. I’ve never seen anything like it. Ever. We paid for the kids meal that we didn’t eat and left. Really terrible customer service considering.

1  Thank sdonnan
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

This place has very nice atmosphere and friendly service. Staff is very helpful. We ordered fried pickles( I have never tried such a dish) and to my surprise we enjoyed it. Also, they have prosecco on their vine list. Very nice place to watch sunset.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We ate inside, but outside on the patio overlooked the lake and had a live band playing. The service was fast & friendly and the food was excellent. We will be back!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I spent the afternoon exploring Lake Geneva by scooter. We passed The Boat House Bar & Grill and decided to check it out. The view of the lake was beautiful. Jim Sieg was performing and he was fun and entertaining. The service was slow and the food disappointing.
My friend ordered a stuffed burger. It was over cooked, hard and hollow. When it was sent back, the server put it in the garbage and did not take it back to the kitchen. He did not offer to bring her a properly prepared dish.I ordered a steak sandwich medium rare. The steak was well done.
This would be a great place to stop for a drink. I recommend eating somewhere else.