“Great Resort and Spa”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Matteson
“Great Resort and Spa”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I had a great relaxing time at the Grand Geneva. I was there for a conference and the conference rooms were easily accessible. At night viewing the Lake from Popeyes Restaurant was wonderful and relaxng. Great Customer Service at the Grand Geneva. Everyone is so helpful. I have a disability but was able to use the ramps to get back and forth easily. I truly enjoyed my stay. The SPA is wonderful. Great staff there as well. A grand place to visit.Beautiful Room with outside patio. Everything was nice and clean daily.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Thank you for your recent posting. As The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa continues to strive for consistent excellence in service, it is our goal to make certain that all your expectations are exceeded by our “people pleasing people” philosophy. I will pass on your comments to the management team at Spa. I look forward to your return visit.

Kindest Regards,
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Went to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived to several days later when we departed could not say enough great things about the property, the staff and the total experience. Operates at the highest level of customer recognition, friendliness and empowerment to take care of your needs. Food quality in the Chop House and other dining was outstanding. Pool area and vista out to the lake, golf course, fountains and woods is amazing. Room was clean, comfortable and the balcony while somewhat narrow still provided a great way to chill out after hours. The spa experience was very pleasant. The fitness area was clean and had all the equipment a full service facility would provide to members. Plans are to come back - again and again!

Room Tip: Facing the golf course - Building 3.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for your recent posting. Happy Anniversary! I am honored that you selected the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa as your destination to celebrate 30 years of marriage. As The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa continues to strive for consistent excellence in service, it is our goal to make certain that all your expectations are exceeded by our “people pleasing people” philosophy.
I look forward to your return visit.

Sincerely –

Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

The whole place is ancient and outdated. Old everything. No elevators for my very pregnant wife. The view of the golf course and pool would have been nice had it not been for the very loud water aerobics class at 8 in the morning. Normally I'm up by 5:30, but it was a vacation, I wanted to sleep in. The down mattress bad that I didn't realize was there killed my allergies and made me miserable. They did remove the pad for me, which revealed a hard, saggy mattress; probably the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've ever experienced. The people were nice, but the $15 per night resort charge was ridiculous. Just add it to the room rate so you know what you're getting yourself into. You get nothing for that fee except bottled water in the fridge in your dirty room. I'm not normally a complainer, but this place is awful. Unfortunately, I have to go to a conference at this dump every year.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank ahughes7408
Thank you for your recent posting. My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I want to apologize that your expectations were not met during your stay. We pride ourselves on customer service and ability to make your resort experience as smooth as possible.

Our priority is to exceed expectations and provide a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713.
A lot has changed since your visit in July 2011. We do have an elevator that services buildings four through one.
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Wonderful facilities, two types of conference rooms, coffee shop, views so nice you will not want to work or leave your room. I stayed in a Junior Suite, had the fireplace lite and went to the SPA! Don't miss the spa....steam room, sauna, whirlpool. Lovely. Hoping to bring the kids for the Timber Ridge Resort.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent posting. I love the configuration of the Junior Suites. I am glad the you had the opportunity to experience the WellSpa.
Your kids will love the Timber Ridge Lodge and Waterpark.

Kindest Regards –

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We have stayed at the Grand Geneva a few times and every time our experience was great. Very clean and great ammenities.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting. I have shared your praises with my team. As The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa continues to strive for consistent excellence in service, it is our goal to make certain that all your expectations are exceeded by our “people pleasing people” philosophy.
I was pleased to read that you had a “Grand Experience”. I look forward to your return visit.

Sincerely –