All reviews paddle boats family vacation northern wisconsin north woods amenities including summer camp denny northwoods chalet accommodations lake wedding robertson collage tennis units walmart
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We recently returned from a week at Dillman's Bay Resort. It was our first time at this resort but not our first to the North Woods. Although we enjoyed the week, and our accommodations were somewhat comfortable, we most likely will not return. The kitchen was poorly stocked. The rugs were dirty. Since this is a dog friendly resort, carpet is not what we expected. We felt for what we paid, the grounds would have been better maintained. The resort advertises a beach, however that beach is a small patch of sand. Not many chairs available to lounge. The grass near the deep beach is nice to relax, and is sunny all day. However, the black flys are so annoying and were tough on our dogs. The water in this lake is very stagnant, so beware of swimmers itch. Every member of our family got such a bad rash from the lake water. (Regardless if you are in the shallow or deep water.) There is NO WiFi, regardless of what they say, you need to go to the office. The office is a comfortable place to hang out and enjoy the beautiful view of the lake, but honestly for all the seating they have available, it would be nice if they offered some bagels and donuts with coffee in the morning, (especially while people may need to make a phone call or use the WiFi). To me this resort was a bit off the grid.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank T K
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was our first visit to Wisconsin and Dillman's was wonderful. As I mentioned to the owners, Denny and Sue, their brochure doesn't do it justice. Although we were only there 2 nights, we took full advantage of their amenities including the complimentary bikes, paddle boats and tennis. While having coffee on the deck, I overheard so many of the guests expressing their delight at the service and accommodations and wanting to bring their families next time. We felt the same.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We so enjoyed our stay. We were amazed at how well stocked our rental was and how laid back the place is.

Definately would love to return and do it again. All the family enjoyed themselves. There were plenty of things to keep the little ones entertained without us having to pack all their toys,bikes etc.

We brought extra airbeds but never needed them there was so much room.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I took a fabulous collage workshop at Dillman's with Laura Svencer the week of May 19. Although I had a long day of travel and arrived after 11 p.m., someone was there to pick me up from the Rhinelander airport and when my bag did not arrive they were gracious enough to transport me to Walmart to pick up some supplies before going to the resort. The people there could no have been more accommodating. The lake is incredibly beautiful - with sunrises to match none other. They brought in delicious lunches everyday for those who wanted and arranged dinner meal trips which were fabulous. I stayed in a Chalet which was simple but very clean and spacious. The grounds were immaculate. It is a bit like a time capsule - back to your favorite memories of summer camp - only for adults. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

The resort website is a wonderful planning tool. Great detailed description of their accommodations and plenty of photos. We are planning a trip for next year and I found the information on their site to be extremely helpful and detailed.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family