All reviews paddle boats family vacation northern wisconsin north woods amenities including summer camp denny northwoods chalet accommodations lake wedding robertson collage tennis units walmart
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I attended an excellent watercolor workshop by Tony Couch. I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful studio area! And supplies are available for purchase if needed. My husband and dog went with me. They had a great time with the outdoor activities while I was in class. Our cabin was very clean and well maintained. In addition the resort staff and owners were outstanding hosts. We re-booked for next year, but no workshop. I am going to enjoy all the other amenities next year! (however I will probably attend a workshop with a friend --waiting for the schedule to come out) Great place, wish we had known about it years ago when kids were little!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Dillman's is an incredible place to stay. This has been the 3rd year I have gone there and I'm never disappointed. I attended a wonderful painting workshop there by David Becker. They have 2 full art studios that are excellent to learn in. Our condo was in mint condition. The whole resort is beautiful. It's located on a peninsula and is surrounded by water. There are such lovely touches throughout the place. Sue and Denny, the owners are onsite and very responsive to any concerns. I wish I could stay there the whole summer! I have already booked a workshop and the lodge to stay in for next year. I look forward to this all year!

Room Tip: Wifi is only available in the main lodge and the 2 condos that are attached to the main lodge.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

I just spent a thoroughly enjoyable Sunday through Friday at Dillman's. I attended an art workshop with 2 friends and we stayed at a condo onsite, which allowed us to prepare meals, thus keeping expenses reasonable. We were welcomed with a splendid reception and dinner on Sunday evening, had access to a terrific workspace, with evening hours, beautiful setting with a few excursions and other options built in. We felt pampered and the entire week was fun and educational.
I'd love to make this an annual trek!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2016

My sister-in-law arranged a family reunion for 23 sisters, brothers, nieces, and nephews for a week at this resort nestled among several lakes in northern Wisconsin. We had a fun time. We had 3 cabins scattered around the resort (Northern Lights, Hilltop, and Little Denmark). We used the Northern Lights cabin to cook lunch and dinners for the group. We enjoyed the free kayaks, canoes, paddleboat, and trampoline floating platform. We rented pontoon boats, a Lund (fishing) boat, a ski boat, a wave runner, and 2 paddle boards for the week. There are several inter-connected lakes, and some secluded lakes that you reach via narrow entrances. There is a wading beach for small kids and dogs, and a shallow swimming beach. There are horseshoes and shuffleboard. There is a kid's playground. You can make arrangements for fishing guides to go to other lakes for fishing.

Be sure to check at the Front Desk for activities that Dillman's sponsors (yoga [for a fee], s'more roast, trip to seafood buffet at nearby Lake of the Torches casino, trips to nearby restaurants, pontoon ride, champagne noon hour, etc.). My sister-in-law was attending an art class during the week. Bicycles are available for use. The resort is dog-friendly. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The resort's website lists "100 fun things to do". You can do as much or as little as you want at this idyllic resort. There is a grocery store about a 10-minute drive away, near the casino. You can find a bigger grocery store, liquor stores, and restaurants in the nearby town of Minocqua. Be sure to bring suntan lotion and mosquito repellent if you come in the summer. My cabin had Wi-Fi available, and it worked well. Coverage for Verizon cell phones was spotty in many places; those with AT&T seemed to have better coverage.

Room Tip: Choose a floor plan that works for your group.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jandc8491
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

We've stayed here several times in years past. Absolutely beautiful resort, family friendly (dogs too!), with gorgeous views and plenty to do! I only wish it wasn't so hard to reserve a spot, as it fills up fast in the summer months. We love the bald eagles, loons and other wildlife. White Sand Lake is breathtaking. The crystal clear water is perfect for swimming, fishing, boating, canoeing etc. I cannot express how much we enjoy our visits. Looking forward to going back again someday.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family