Rustic Road Brewing Company
Open today: 12:00 pm - 1:00 am
Review Highlights
Hometown revisit

25th anniversary of moving from my hometown. I wanted to see what's new. Love breweries so I... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
davepC9342IE
Lyndon Station, Wisconsin
via mobile
Jalapeno Peppercorn pale ale. YES!

Visited here with wife while she was doing a beer tour for a local blogging site. Loved the... read more

Reviewed 8 September 2018
Peter B
via mobile

All reviews home brew brewmaster breweries bartender sample beer selection
Reviewed 17 June 2016

You pass the brewery before reaching the bar. Yes, the whole brewery. Rustic Road brews in small batches around 100 litres if I calculated correctly.

The bar is crowded with locals during happy hour, always a good sign you're not falling into a tourist trap. And Rustic Road is anything but.

They have their beers on tap, I recommend getting samples of most or all of them and then to decide which one to get first.

I got stuck on their excellent Hazelnut Harvest beer, that tasted like hazelnut and vanilla ice cream. But also their other brews are worth trying.

I had a great evening there, talked about beer brewing and recipes with the bartender and brewmaster, which added a lot to the fun for me as a homebrewer.

They seem to have frequent competitions, be it for judging home brews or a naming contest for their latest creation.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank cwebb1977
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a beer after the museum before we went to dinner. Small place with a corner setup for brewing. Sean O'McMurphy stout was so so, but the Hazelnut Harvest was amazing, reminded me of cream soda. Staff was friendly. Would stop by again to try more brews!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

Just looking for stuff to do waiting for our plane, we stumbled upon this small brewery. Great craft beer and even better customer service!

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I have a fondness for people who follow their dreams. This is one of those places. Greg York loves beer and loved to home brew. Now he owns his own brewery! I stopped by Rustic Road with my brothers and a couple of friends. We had a great time! Greg and Michelle were great hosts. We enjoyed several different beers and a flight to sample everything. While I am not an IPA fan, I can appreciate them. All of the beers we tried were really good. While they do not serve food, they do have a great meat and cheese tray from local businesses. You can also order food from a local restaurant that will deliver the food to Rustic Road. Something to keep in mind is that this is truly a nano-brewery. Their batches are not very big and the selection will change on a regular basis. This tells me that the beer is good AND fresh. Great job Greg! Keep up the good work!

Date of experience: September 2014
3  Thank pmdockins
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a small group on a Sunday afternoon. We ordered three flights of six beers. There wasn't a "loser" in the lot. The IPA's were our favorites,but there was something about the Hazelnut Harvest that made us think this would be a great beer for breakfast: pancakes, sausage and Hazelnut Harvest. The Maibock was also quite good.
The bartenders worked together to pour all of our beers quickly and helped to explain their brews. The only knock was that the QR Code on the flight sheet was not accurate. Nice atmosphere, friendly place.

Date of experience: June 2014