“Can never have enough beef brisket”
Review of Famous Daves

Famous Daves
Ranked #24 of 182 Restaurants in Janesville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 16 September 2015

If ever craving pure protein and you don't mind getting a little messy, this is the place to go. I actually prefer going here in the cold, dreary time of the year since they create a 'warmer' southern feel inside the eatery. By far my favorite is the beef brisket - only downside is they don't really offer it as a solo choice for a meal.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

I ate here for freedom festival and I had the ribs came with your choice of sides they were out of corn bread muffins but offered to give me extra potato salad to make up for it

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We have never had a bad meal here. They have lots & lots of choices from salads to barbeque ribs.

I believe it is Tuesday nights they have their dinner for 2 on special. It comes on a metal garbage can lid & has very yummy barbeque food to sample (chicken, ribs, pulled pork along with cole slaw, baked beans & corn on the cob. And of course their famous delicious corn muffins.)

Love the atmosphere here.
Service is always great.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

We got there after the lunch crowd was gone. The waitress didn't know the menu very well. The food came fairly quickly, but we didn't receive everything we were supposed to and unfortunately didn't think about it until after we were on the road later. it also took a long time for the check to arrive and a long time to get the manager to talk to us about another issue. we've eaten there before and this was the worst experience we've had. Hopefully it will be better next time.

Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

Meh..the bbq sauce is pretty good especially considering that I personally like the sweet but don't want the heat. The rib meat itself is not good at all. Amateurs like me with Webers can do far better. I went here shortly after they first opened when I was in high school and never went back until tonight. Honestly, I'm fine with another fifteen years in between.