“BY FAR THE WORST DINING EXPERIENCE EVER”
Review of Sawmill Saloon

Sawmill Saloon
Ranked #16 of 88 Restaurants in Hayward
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Unbelievable waitress - I thought perhaps it was a recorded prank. She stepped squarely on my foot twice (it was tucked under the table) and yet apologized only the first time. While our party of four waited 30 minutes for fried fish dinners, she belatedly shloshed a pitcher of luke warm water on the table (unlike our request, it had no ice or lemon). Later, when asked for a box to go, she physically offered a stiff-arm and said "No. That will have to wait". My niece paid in cash, and was asked if she wanted change back: The waitress was exasperated by the positive reply, looked in her cash bag, and announced in a not-so-nice way: "You will just have to wait awhile, until I can get to the bartender who has more cash" The food was decent enough, and I note that it was a busy night (but time must be made for at least a little courtesy).

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Can't pedal through the area with out stopping at the Sawmill. Check out the cool
Stuff on all the walls. Good food with daily specials, local craft beer and nice people to serve you. See you next time...

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The saloon is done in an old rustic style
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
We had the homemade pizza and it was some of the best I have had.
The beers were cool and the locals were very friendly. If your in the area stop by and check it out. We stayed the night at the lodge (great place as well)
We had the breakfast in the morning, once again very good and top notch service
Highly recommended

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stopped here the Friday of Labor Day weekend for a Fish fry. The broasted fish was really yummy! (and so was the coleslaw) others in our group ordered burgers and sandwiches and they were extremely happy too. Tons of cars here every time we went by. If you only stop one place to eat in Hayward; stop here.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We dropped in here for lunch. Definitely worth the stop. Neat place with so much to offer...great little tourist spot that has it all, great Northwoods decor. The service was very friendly.
As for the food...the loaded tater tots were awesome. I was really excited that all of the "burgers" were available as either a burger or with grilled chicken breast. But, unfortunately my Chipotle chicken sandwich wasn't as good as I had expected. The chicken was tough and flavorless. I hear the burger option is much better. Anyway, that it why I couldn't quite give them 5 stars on this stop.

Been to Sawmill Saloon? Share your experiences!