“On tour...must stop”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Can't pedal through the area with out stopping at the Sawmill. Check out the cool
Stuff on all the walls. Good food with daily specials, local craft beer and nice people to serve you. See you next time...

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The saloon is done in an old rustic style
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
We had the homemade pizza and it was some of the best I have had.
The beers were cool and the locals were very friendly. If your in the area stop by and check it out. We stayed the night at the lodge (great place as well)
We had the breakfast in the morning, once again very good and top notch service
Highly recommended

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stopped here the Friday of Labor Day weekend for a Fish fry. The broasted fish was really yummy! (and so was the coleslaw) others in our group ordered burgers and sandwiches and they were extremely happy too. Tons of cars here every time we went by. If you only stop one place to eat in Hayward; stop here.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We dropped in here for lunch. Definitely worth the stop. Neat place with so much to offer...great little tourist spot that has it all, great Northwoods decor. The service was very friendly.
As for the food...the loaded tater tots were awesome. I was really excited that all of the "burgers" were available as either a burger or with grilled chicken breast. But, unfortunately my Chipotle chicken sandwich wasn't as good as I had expected. The chicken was tough and flavorless. I hear the burger option is much better. Anyway, that it why I couldn't quite give them 5 stars on this stop.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The menu was limited but the burger and fries were above average.

We sat in the dining room which echoed. It was clean and nice. Just watch how loud you are.

The fries were thick. I call them steak fries. You can pick the season- salt and pepper, Cajun or plain.

The blue cheese burger was excellent! I had mine without the slice of swiss which is standard on their blue cheese. Big chunks of blue cheese and dressing. The bacon was a bit difficult to chew a bit off when you bite into the burger. The burger itself was excellent flavor.

Been to Sawmill Saloon? Share your experiences!