“Great burgers! ”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The menu was limited but the burger and fries were above average.

We sat in the dining room which echoed. It was clean and nice. Just watch how loud you are.

The fries were thick. I call them steak fries. You can pick the season- salt and pepper, Cajun or plain.

The blue cheese burger was excellent! I had mine without the slice of swiss which is standard on their blue cheese. Big chunks of blue cheese and dressing. The bacon was a bit difficult to chew a bit off when you bite into the burger. The burger itself was excellent flavor.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Loved this place from the moment we saw it. Charming buidling, interior decoration and wonderful food. Had dinner and breakfast here. Definitely coming back.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Friendly, fast service and good selection of Tap Beer. I had the Bent Paddle I P A!
Good Stuff! Sweet potato fries were great. Love all the big screen TVs and decor.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Consistently good food and drink!
Service is excellent and very friendly.
Northwoods casual atmosphere.
TVs for watching sporting events.
We especially enjoy their excellent thin crust pizza.
They have regular specials, and a full excellent bar.
They are open 365 days per year.
Very clean - always.
I can strongly recommend!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We were on a canoe/hike trip up north, and a sportsman buddy recommended The Sawmill. He actually said "you have to go to The Sawmill ". I am in the restaurant business, and tend to have high expectations, but in Northern Wisconsin, I expect less. After a 12 mile canoe, I was ready to give it a try. Truly, the quality of service and food at The Sawmill was on par with bigger metropolitan areas. We sat at the bar, were greeted immediately and served tasty Bloody Mary's (no crazy garnish, which I loathe anyway). We ordered the buffalo shrimp appetizer and it was perfectly fried, with the breading sticking to the shrimp well and drenched in tasty buffalo sauce. We both ordered the broasted fish, and it was tasty. I really liked the broccoli slaw, a pleasant upgrade from the normal soggy cabbage slaw you get at many fish fries. All of the bar staff and even some of the kitchen staff chatted with us, and it was a really nice time. We will return when in the area. Be ready to wait on the weekends, because it's good!

1  Thank Rebaroni

Been to Sawmill Saloon? Share your experiences!