“Might just be my favorite coffee joint in the city!”
Review of Backroads Coffee

Backroads Coffee
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Hayward
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Backroads is friendly and a place where "everybody knows your name"! My mother-in-law, who lives in the area, is greeted with a smile and asked for updates each time she walks in. We just had food there for the first time (I am a coffee lover so that is our usual reason for going) and the food was so good! Fresh and good quality! We will definitely go back not only for coffee but also food!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I make a point to stop in at Backroads whenever I visit Hayward. The coffee is great and they have good food, too.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We've come here for years and always get great coffee and great service at a great price. They also have a selection of pastries in case you don't want to walk around to the bakery on the other side of the block. There is a small section of patio tables out front as well.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

The hot chocolate here was quite good. They use Ghiradelli chocolate. It tastes the same as the other coffee shop nearby - Hayward Coffee.

I had a chocolate biscotti which was also good.

The coffee is good - not as bitter as Hayward's Coffee.

Since the two coffee houses are close to each other it's hard not to compare them.

The coffee cake muffin was okay - a little dry.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The sandwiches were really good! Great lunch! I had the Greek to Go wrap and had them add turkey. Yum!