“Excellent Italian Restaurant”
Review of Zesti

Zesti
Reserve with OpenTable
Zesti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Hartland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have eaten there several times and always had a good experience. All the pasta dishes are excellent.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Its a funny story, a meeting had taken us to Hartland and we stopped at Zesti for lunch and enjoyed it very much. Excellent fish special that day. Three days later, friends invited us to join them for dinner at Zesti, we happily accepted! Friendly, professional staff, menu has a nice variety of items. We thoroughly enjoyed both visits! And look forward to retuning to try more items!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We recently had occasion to visit Zesti. We were with a group, several members of which had visited this restaurant previously. We had reservations and were seated on time, by a friendly hostess.
Prior to our visit we'd looked over the menu and we were STOKED. Very eclectic, aspirational and interesting. Unfortunately, the majority of our group with with (what sounds like) Zesti's "tried and true" items: Pasta Bolognese and lasagna. I opted for the paella, which is not the easiest thing to find in this region.
Friendly, professional waitstaff. Her timing was good and she was attentive (without constantly hovering over us).
The eggplant appetizer was really good. The bread with olive oil and a "sweet" (roasted) garlic for dipping. Delicious. The reaction I heard with the salads was that they were OK, but, sadly, the highly touted "caprese" salad was not so hot. (It's ALL about the tomatoes) We also had a Greek meatball, which was interesting. This was an item that they maybe reached a little too far on. With the meat quality (which was good), they could have just provided a nice, tennis ball sized Italian meatball, but the Greek version...just OK. But thumbs up on the eggplant, although the portion was on the small side. (Some of our group was up from Kenosha, and there are a TON of local Italian joint whose appetizers are, frankly, too huge!)
Several of our group had the short rib lasagna. The "white", creaminess of a lasagna (which is normally ricotta cheese) is actually a bechamel sauce. Nice touch. Short ribs, when done properly, is an incredibly tasty cut of beef. Zesti did a nice job with the lasagna, but...WOW...was it salty!
Several of us had the pasta Bolognese. I heard "good" and "really good", but again...salty.
I had the paella. Disclaimer: This version of paella is what Spaniards derisively call "tourista"; meaning that is has too many different kinds of meat. There was no delicacy to it at all, but it was tasty. Two quibbles: If there was saffron in it (as an authentic paella would have) I didn't see it or taste it. And...SALTY.
I'd have rated this restaurant a "4", but for the salt. I mean...I'm talking chapped lips, "can't get my ring off my finger", 4lbs of water weight gain salty. If Zesti actually reads reviews like this, please guys...back off on the salt!
Zesti is a hustling, busting, noisy place with what looked to be a pretty diverse (age, if not ethnicity) group of "Lake Country" types. Friendly people. Really interesting menu. Very good service. I'd happily try it again, but I'd feel compelled to tell my server about the salt. These guys seem to be trying really hard, and I give them an "A" for effort, if not the execution.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We went to this restaurant on a Friday for lunch while house hunting in 3 degree weather. The restaurant was lovely, with accommodations for the 4 year old who was traveling with us and for the gluten free dad of the 4 year old. The food was wonderful and refined. The price for this type of food was about $15.00 per plate. I live in Las Vegas , NV, and this lunch would have cost at least $25.00 per plate. The gluten free pizza crust is handmade by the chefs and it is certainly the best I have had on all of the coasts, lands and islands of America.The beer and wine list were great and yummy. The staff were very helpful and warm. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We had a lunch here over the holidays with family and cannot say enough about how good this place is! The food ( the croquet monsieur in particular) beyond amazing and the other sandwiches and dishes never ever disappoint. The waitstaff is fantastic and even remembered I love iced tea. My daughter loves the pasta primavera dish here ( that is not what they call it but it’s super yummy) and my son loves the wood fired pizzas! Zesti is my go-to place at night too, for a good glass of wine and appetizer with a girlfriend! Highly recommend - you won’t be disappointed !

Been to Zesti? Share your experiences!