“One of our favorite places.”

Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #5 of 66 things to do in Green Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: A 700-acre wildlife refuge that features trails, as well as educational and live animal exhibits.
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We go to the sanctuary fairly regularly. We love to walk through all the various sections and learn more about Wisconsin native animals and their habitats. The staff are all very knowledgeable and welcoming. The animals are very well cared for! Make sure to buy lots of corn to feed the ducks and geese, the kids will have a blast! Also, not kidding, if you howl at the wolves 99% of the time they will howl back! :)

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Went to the "Sanctuary by Starlight" with my husband and it seems the park just keeps getting better. Easy parking and a lovely walk into the park featuring a lit-up luminaries bridge, lighted waterfalls and tunnel and quiet outside walks. Loved the Celtic music played by Dave Duffey and wonderful food provided by Skaliwags. It was a great night and can't wait till next year.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Kid friendly. You can easily push a young child in a stroller on the many trails through the park. Enjoy feeding the geese and deer. Park admission is free. Also have great cross country ski trails in the winter.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I had an afternoon to kill in Green Bay and I have seen most of the Packers stuff. There is not much else to do here in GB as the entire city seems to function off of football. I saw this was something to do and I figured I might as well since I needed to kill time. Since it is free, I think it is hard to give it a bad review. If you like animals, hiking, parks then this is a good way to spend an hour or two. Tons of geese and ducks, so many you may feel a bit intimidated as they get very close and you have to move through them to get by. You can purchase corn to feed them. In the other part of the sanctuary you can see river otters (2), lynx?, 1 cougar, a coyote, several wolves. There are some wild turkeys roaming around as well. I enjoyed my time there. I am sure young kids would like it too.

2  Thank cs3r
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great place for families. Great chance to feel close to ducks,geese and animals. Nice walking trails. Good signage. Always something different to see. Great informative exhibits.