“Something to do that is free and unrelated to Packers!”

Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #5 of 66 things to do in Green Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: A 700-acre wildlife refuge that features trails, as well as educational and live animal exhibits.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I had an afternoon to kill in Green Bay and I have seen most of the Packers stuff. There is not much else to do here in GB as the entire city seems to function off of football. I saw this was something to do and I figured I might as well since I needed to kill time. Since it is free, I think it is hard to give it a bad review. If you like animals, hiking, parks then this is a good way to spend an hour or two. Tons of geese and ducks, so many you may feel a bit intimidated as they get very close and you have to move through them to get by. You can purchase corn to feed them. In the other part of the sanctuary you can see river otters (2), lynx?, 1 cougar, a coyote, several wolves. There are some wild turkeys roaming around as well. I enjoyed my time there. I am sure young kids would like it too.

2  Thank cs3r
in 40 reviews
"indoor area"
"hiking trails"
in 9 reviews
"wonderful place to visit"
in 6 reviews
"kids love"
in 10 reviews
"great place to take kids"
"across the street"
in 10 reviews
"small zoo"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great place for families. Great chance to feel close to ducks,geese and animals. Nice walking trails. Good signage. Always something different to see. Great informative exhibits.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Unique spot- we stayed for an hour and didn't see it all! The work they are doing here is incredible and all the animals seemed happy. Bring $1 or $2 cash so that you can feed the ducks and deer corn!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I can't believe this place is free. The nature center has great interesting and creative exhibits (even if a few of the taxidermized animals might benefit from a dusting). Kids love being able to feed the ducks and geese. The landscape is beautifully done. It is well maintained and the place takes in and rehabilitates injured wildlife. What's not to love? Donate if you can afford it. Keep the place free and support this beautiful organization.

2  Thank m67432
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Kudos Green Bay! This was a very nice area to enjoy an afternoon. A thousand Geese and Ducks can't all be wrong! We plan on bringing the grand kids back. The grounds were very well taken care of, and the rescued animals appeared to be very well taken care of. It is a very quiet spot on the North end of the city. It is great that someone thought to save this chunk of land that is surrounded by industrial properties. We didn't visit the Amusement Park this time, but I'm sure we will when the Grand Kids see it!