“Glad We Stopped”

Cuisines: American
Description: Phone (715) 463-2056
Description: Phone (715) 463-2056
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have past the diner a zillion times but timing for eating never worked until today. So quaint and clean. Great, friendly service. Everything fresh. The French fries were perfect as was the root beer and chocolate banana malt. Typical diner food but well done.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We purchased 3 different burgers as well as onion rings and fries. They forgot to put the bacon on the bacon cheeseburger ($1.60 additional for bacon) but we did not say anything because mistakes do happen, we are all human. The fries were "ok", onion rings were pretty darn good. For the life of me, I cannot understand why they serve such bad, flavorless mediocre burgers! They heavily advertise/boast about the beef being grass fed, organic etc. Oh my lordy, there is zero flavor. My husband and I make better burgers on the grill at home, and ours cost far less than $7/burger. Horribly dry to the point of having to choke the meat down, no seasoning, and zilch for flavor. Seriously guys, REALLY terrible burgers-especially for the price. The staff were incredibly friendly and quite pleasant! Good atmosphere for families, but may be a better spot to stop in for shakes or ice cream treats, definitely not for dinner. Suggestion to the owners: Focus less on the current grass fed organic beef trend. The type of clientele you aim towards will be repeat customers if the food tastes good, they won't give a hoot (or a moo!) where the beef came from.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on a Sunday at 1pm. The Drive in was not overly busy. We choose in-car service but there was also seating outside or in the small restaurant. We ordered a burger, patty melt, kid's chicken strips and a kid's corn dog. I got the patty melt basket which came with crinkle cut fries and a pickle. The melt was crispy and buttery with oozing cheese and onions. The kid's meals came with fries or grapes, a drink and a cookie. Both kids enjoyed the food. Note: this is not fast food, expect a standard sit down restaurant wait as all the food made to order. We all agreed the the root beer was delicious. The signs say it is made on location daily. I was a fun experience with the windows rolled down, the breeze blowing through the windows and the 50's and 60's music playing over the speakers. Several of the servers were even wearing polka dot skirts. The kids had never been to a drive in before and this place did not disappoint.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

This place has a very nice outdoor seating area not visible from the highway. Very nice on a hot summer's day.
The Drive In's claim to fame is their house made root beer served in frozen mugs.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This is an old-fashioned looking diner with a lot of ambience. The menu looked great, the setting idyllic, and you had the expectation that you would be in for a treat.

The initial round of drinks came lightning quick. Their home made root beer was terrific after that, it was all downhill.

It took 40 minutes for the rest of our lunch to arrive. I ordered a 1/3 pound bison burger, and ended up with a 1/6 pound hamburger. My wife also had the bison and it was definitely a different meat (and size). Normally I would have sent it back, but we had already waited so long, we took it and left as soon as we could. The consensus of the rest of my group was that the food was just ok. Everything was edible, but nothing was particularly good (except the root beer).