See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Didn't look the best as we drove by but we are pleasantly surprised. It's a wonderful hotel with friendly staff. Our room is exceptional. 2 beds and a jetted tub. Beautifully decorated and very clean. I would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I was in town for work at Southwest Tech. College. I don't know the area that well so used a search engine to get the location of all the hotels in the area. The Fenway looked to be the easiest to get to so I called and booked a room. I had a feeling it was going to be a good stay when the person I was talking to offered an upgrade to a room with Jacuzzi for free; I didn't need it so finished the book and that was it. Long story short, I made the right choice. There were a couple of small issues that after talking with housekeeping - they're an easy fix and not worth mentioning. There is no continental breakfast which was a bit of a bummer but that just gave me an excuse to find a nearby diner on my way out of town; (see "just the way I like it"). All in all I had a very good, restful stay at a place that was very classy and quiet, all the way down to actual room keys and not electric swipe cards. I will be back since I know my wife will love the place :-) By the way...the drive on Hwy 18 over to Prairie Du Chien is beautiful. It should make for a great fall trip. Safe travels!

Room tip: You can go wrong by staying in any of the rooms unless you're particular on the size of bed :-)
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2017

We had originally reserved room 100, but since there was some maintenance going on, we were moved to another room. Dani, who was working the front desk, was awesome. She moved us to room 112.

The room was great - spacious, clean, and with a 2-person jacuzzi (both my wife and I are 6ft+ and we both fit!). The hotel kind of has a B&B feel to it. You can tell the owners have put a lot of time and work into making each room unique (we peeked into some of the open rooms and they all looked nice).

The only disappointment was that the Silent Woman restaurant was not open. Apparently, it is undergoing renovation and will reopen at some point in the future. So, we went to BD's Eagle's Nest. Most of the locals were very friendly and the food was excellent.

This is a farming community and not a tourist town - for whatever that's worth. My wife and I prefer it that way (keeps costs down and hipsters away).

Overall, we had a great trip. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a quick, easy, and unique getaway.

Room tip: Mini suites with hot tub are where it's at for couples.
Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 20 February 2017

what a quaint place. we came on a spur of the moment getaway and will definitely go back. It has a bed and breakfast feel. The rooms were very quiet and comfortable. The town is very cute and we toured some of the surrounding wineries.

Room tip: all of the rooms appear to be quiet and spacious.
Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Enjoyed staying three nights at this decent Fennimore hotel over a long weekend. The hotel and room were very clean, one of the hotel's assets. We had a quiet stay without any problems or issues. This is a historic hotel and I would stay again. Friendly staff.

Room tip: Quietest rooms may be at the back side of the hotel, away from Hwy 18/61.
Date of stay: October 2016