All reviews large dog coffee cake easy access door county windmill sandy feathers
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I was looking for a dog-friendly place to stay for my "girls getaway" with my dog. We could not have asked for a better place! Sandy was a wonderful hostess, and her son Eli took a special interest in me and my dog. The room was very comfortable, and we had everything we needed - including an outside door for quick walks. It is an easy trip into Egg Harbor and Fish Creek.

Room Tip: Ask Sandy - she gave me great advice!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I was very apprehensive because we traveled with our fairly large dog. As soon as we got there, Sandy sat down on the floor and met Cooper and it was great. The room was very comfortable and clean. The grounds are great especially if you bring a pet. Most impressive of all is that there is windmill right in the middle of the property. This was a really nice experience, it's just about 10 minutes out of town, very quiet and you couldn't ask for a better hostess.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne I
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We had always wanted to see Door county, so we visited in August this year.
The Feathered Star B&B was a good value so we booked it.
We thought it was a great place, with comfortable rooms and a warm, inviting atmosphere. It may be South of Egg Harbor, but it is right off the main road on the Bay side. A 10 minute or less drive gets you into downtown Egg Harbor. Also, it is right by a good winery/ distillery.
After booking we realized it is pet friendly, so the dog came with us. The rooms have bothan interior and exterior door. The exterior door gave easy access to the large dog run and exercise area.
Sandy had fresh baked Blueberry muffins one morning and a great homemade coffee cake the next morning. Nothing like fresh pastry to go with your morning coffee.
We will book here again on our next trip to the area, with or without the dog.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2017

satisfactory stay. spacious room, clean, friendly hostess. breakfast is sketchy but ok. old fashioned bedding (heavy quilt/bedspread). pet friendly also.

should have investigated the actual location more before booking. although the mailing address is egg harbor, it's really far south of the village, so don't expect to stroll thru town after you check in.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We come to Door County nearly ever summer for the 4th of July. For 3 or 4 trips, we have stayed at the Feathered Star B&B with our dogs.

The innkeeper is a doll and VERY patient with dogs. She's very accommodating and always gives great recommendations for around town.

The rooms are clean and she doesn't even mind if you let your pups run around while she cleans.

Breakfast is always solid, but there are some store bought products there and I wish I could get a little more protein at breakfast.

However, for the price and service, you really can't go wrong with this pet-friendly B&B! We will be repeat visitors once again this fourth of July!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends