We returned a week ago from our second trip to Door County in three weeks. Door County is wonderful! Unfortunately, our hotel was not "wonderful". The staff were not friendly from the minute I phoned to make the reservation. Seemed annoyed at my questions. (Note their reservation cancellation policy! You are responsible for the entire total if you need to cancel within 14 days. At around $200 per night, that would have been over $600 had we canceled.) After we checked in, my husband commented that the desk clerk must have taken a speed talking class as she zoomed through the parking, breakfast hours, etc, in a robotic manner. (Actually amusing.) The grounds are nice and well maintained. There is a tiny workout room, a nice size indoor pool and hot tub. We had one of the larger king rooms on the second floor called the French Country room. It had a gas fireplace, a wet bar, and a double jacuzzi in the room. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. It was a big room, clean, but in need of an update; decorated in mauve and teal. Also, there was no luggage rack and no place to put the luggage other than on the floor. Use the Aveda toiletries judiciously, as they were never replaced and we stayed there 3 nights. Also, a plastic container of liquid Soft Soap (exactly like in the store) is next to the sink. Not too classy. The towels were not thick and fluffy at all. Very sweet, sugary muffins, and good coffee are served in the lounge, and nothing else. Neither of us wanted this as our breakfast for 3 mornings. I had just stayed at a hotel around the corner which had better amenities and welcoming staff for less than half the price. We would not return here at their current price level. We have traveled extensively and are not at all opposed to spending $200 or more a night if the hotel warrants it. This one disappoints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Ashbrooke where elegance and romance abound. Our renowned attention to detail and unyielding commitment to excellence prove everyday that quality, comfort and courteous hospitality still count. Your escape to The Ashbrooke will renew your faith in customer service, and your stay will be an unforgettable experience. Your search for a great getaway stops here at The Ashbrooke, located on the beautiful Door County peninsula, the best Wisconsin has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Ashbrooke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- The Ashbrooke Egg Harbor, WI - Door County