well lets see:
1) even though we made arrangments to stay several months in advance (for 3 days)..and were given a reduced rate for one of the nights because they were booked and didn't want to have us moving to another room twice during our stay...when we checked out...they didn't honor it.
2) this place is for seniors ->NO KIDS...or YOUNG COUPLES <..it smells like your grandmothers closet in hotel. every night niight while we stayed there we noticed older couples sitting in chairs talking and using the internet....
3) Housekeeping did a substandard job of cleaning and leaving fresh toiletries.
4) the pillows were like rocks
5)1 extra blanket
6) no balconies
7) the two televisions were 20" at bext and so far away from the bed and couch you wouldn't be able to use them
8) parking was a joke...it seemed like they had way too many rooms and not enough parking
9) NO elevator...thats right...I hope you emjoy carrying your crap up the stairs...
10) coofee is in the front office....a nice loooong walk from the rooms
11) the breakfast they offer is a cup of coffee...a papar and a mufin
12) the greeter at the front office sounded like a recording and was very sour faced and not friendly at all.
13) On the positive side...the place was well maintained ...but I didn't go there to sleep on the grass or walk the grounds......like I said...this place was hideous...nice to look at but crappy on the inside.
save yourself $200. a night and stay at your grandmothers house.....you woun't notice the difference and you'll save the momey.
I'm not sure how they scored so high on the ratings list....must have had older relatives staying there or wrote the reviews themselves!
One last thing....the night before we stayed here....we were in Lake Geneva at the Bella Vista...
4 rooms there plus arrangements for our small wedding cost us 200. more...and the place made this dump look likea campground....
I've been to door county about 10 times and can't believe I choose this place.
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT...THEY'RE CHEAP, DECEIVING, AND RUN A OLD FOLKS HOME HERE...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Ashbrooke, "Just for the Two of You". Our renowned attention to detail and unyielding commitment to excellence prove everyday that quality, comfort and courteous hospitality still count. Your escape to The Ashbrooke will renew your faith in customer service, and your stay will be an unforgettable experience. Your search for a great getaway stops here at The Ashbrooke, located on the beautiful Door County peninsula, the best Wisconsin has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ashbrooke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- The Ashbrooke Egg Harbor, WI - Door County