“Dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Two couples had dinner last night and as always, the food was delicious and the service spot on. Love the atmosphere but hate the tables as I'm always getting my legs tangled in the legs..so I sit sideways, but no big deal. If you like tequila, this is the place to be. My one problem is that photos on the internet from Manny's of what I was going to order, did not match and was not even close to what was served. From the photo I expected these large grilled shrimp but got a bunch of very small shrimp. But, large shrimp may not have been in season thus the tiny shrimp. Otherwise a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

This restaurant was a first of its kind for my wife and I. The place was more of a palace and an art museum than a restaurant. Spectacularly done. Our waiter was very attentive. The menu itself was an interesting read. Very well written. It is certainly a seafood oriented environment.
I had the stuffed calamari steak- yes steak- which was also a first. Beautifully plated and tasty and plentiful. The calamari was tender. The stuffing was delicious, as were the accompanying sides. The chicken broth based soup was rich and full flavored with a nice kick.
My wife had ceviche, which she said was the best she's ever had. She also had a side of guacamole which went over well.
The Margaritas were delicious. According to our waiter, each is handmade. No pre-made mix.
OK, I should end this tome, but before I do I heartily recommend this wonderful restaurant. It's unfortunate that it's a two hour drive for us. But we shall return and try the swordfish!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We recently celebrated my fiance's birthday there and the seafood was very good. We sat outside and we (almost) felt like we were in Mexico. It was our first time there and we will go back.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Finest quality Comida Mexicano! An oasis in the Northwoods. Extra points for the freshest seafood, expertly prepared, and an amazing wine list. Everyone will find something that will make them drool and look forward to return. Ah, and the ambience - whoever decorated can do our hacienda any day!

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Party of nine , seated right away . Not your usual Mexican joint food selection, great seafood dishes , some Mexican twist on steaks, and some choices for the kids . We had fajitas gigante, which comes with steak, shrimp, chorizo, and chicken for meats , the usual extras but the beans aren't refried a nice change . Crab stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon they were incredible! Seafood lovers burrito had red snapper and shrimp wife couldn't finish it all , lucky me . A chicken barbacoa chimi, tacos del mar which had a nice white fish with a mild taste . The kids each had tacos with beef piccadillo for meat a d a side of rice . I finished with fried ice cream good sized and tasted like I remember when I worked at a Mexican restaurant. Have to try the flan next time . A very good meal and Mallory or waitress did an awesome job.