“Dried up, tought brisket”

Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #49 of 248 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Last time I will dine here. Have had good experiences at other Famous Dave's in other cities, but this was the third time in a row (can't believe that I thought it might get better) I ordered brisket and it came to me badly over-cooked, dry, tough and flaky like shards of chipped beef. The waitress was polite, but when I told her my disappointment and after she consulted the kitchen, she reported to me that this is the way this restaurant cooks the particular cut of meat. Pity, brisket by its very nature is meant to be succulent, full of flavor and tender. Obviously the ktichen staff had let this meat sit for a long time, subjected to too high a heat. Pouring "au jus' was not going to help the ruined meat! Because I was hosting a gurst, I was reluctant to make a scene, so I did not pursue the issue further. Somehow I thought that the first two disappointing times would be better on the third. Sucker, me! Spent $32.57 on 3/19/2018 (check 354) on two meals which would barely have sold for $9.- each at a chinese buffet and been all the better for having done so. Management were either not on hand, or possibly too timerous to confess their shortcomings. It was left for the polite waitress Nicole to pass on the news that nothing was going to change. How could I possibly do differently than to spread the word that this is decidedly NOT a place to go in Eau Claire!? Regrets; not in my opinion, a good value.

Adam B, General Manager at Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

John,
I am very sorry to hear about your visit, you are most definitely right the brisket should be one our most tender meats! If you would be willing to give us a call and talk to one of the managers about your visit as this is unacceptable. Thank you for your input, as we don't want this happening in our store!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the 2 meat lunch platter! We both are loving the Country Roasted Chicken. He had with Ribs and I had Brisket. Both were great! But then again all of our meals here have been! Our waitress was Awesome! Even though it is a busy Easter Sunday with a ton of Drink requests (she is bartender & waitress ) ;she had taken great care of us!

Thanks Georgia!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We ordered a two-meat meal amd a loaded baker with chili. Both were really good, service was friendly and prompt as always. The bread pudding was the best!

Adam B, General Manager at Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you Jackson! We're glad you enjoy the Que'!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I love Famous DAVES! Because of Mardi Gras They are having Shrimp Po Boys! Wish they could get Crawfish bites again, but the Shrimp P.O. Boy is Awesome! Finished up with some Bread Pudding and We are Talking! Stephanie was Awesome and so is Beth and everyone else!

Adam B, General Manager at Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you much your feedback is important to us!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Wonderful experience as always. I don't make ribs at home, so it's a real treat to have ribs that are SOOO good. Great kids menu as well with a much larger selection than most restaurants

Adam B, General Manager at Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you Gregory! Glad you enjoy the ribs!