See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I booked two rooms for four people with two beds in each room on June1, 2017 Our arrival date was to be June 24, 2017. On June 20 I received an email notifying me that our reservation had been cancelled. I called the property to find out why the rooms had been cancelled. It appeared that there had been a water leak of some kind that had made the rooms uninhabitable. I fully understand that the rooms were cancelled for a legitimate reason.
However, I asked the person with whom I spoke if she could help us to find other accommodations in Eau Claire, inasmuch as time was short and there was an event near town that caused most of the motels in the area to be already booked. Much to my dismay, I found that we were to be on our own...she offered no help.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Entrance has huge, lit "$39.99 Room" billboard. Though parking lot seemed clean and litter-free, appeared few patrons/vehicles were actually staying here (as compared to Super 8 next door). Beware: The women manager will not let customers see a non-smoking room before making payment, as vast majority of properties nationwide allow ( I am senior and tax-paid public servant, want to see what I am paying for before renting). Told this manager she'd better not talk arrogant to me and show others respect when they come in a mature, professional, lawful manner to conduct business--that include no sass talk to any prominent police officer or courtroom judge. That she could get herself into lots of personal trouble with litigating customers of the law, find herself no longer working there. Also, I recommended she might do herself well to acquire a bit more professional customer service training.

Date of stay: November 2016
2  Thank Stevewonder1
Reviewed 16 November 2016

There are several negatives about this hotel but I'll mention the positives first. The location was good, the room was clean, and the mattress was comfortable. I chose to stay on the 2nd floor and was surprised that the entrance was on the outside with no access from the inside of the building. These were the areas that need improvement: the heater made sounds not unlike a crackling fire (pops, snaps) every time it turned on so I was awakened in the night a lot; the floor creaked (felt sorry for the people below me); the TV was nice except the volume didn't work properly (lots of cable channels); the continental breakfast was the worst I've seen - no fruit, no make your own waffles, only mini white bagels, cheap rolls, bread to toast - all I did was drink the coffee (there is a nice restaurant across the street); towels had stains....well, you get the picture. All the furniture appeared to be from the 1970's. There was moss growing on the exterior carpet on the balcony. If you need a cheap place to stay for a night and you don't care what it looks like, this is the place.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2016

staff was very friendly helpful for local info ,this hotel compare to big chain hotel bed was very comfort,bath room size large,rooms nice and fresh smell
will stay again and again for low budget priced.

Room tip: 2nd floor best option
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tina0974
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Honestly, I don't know what folks expect for $60/night, but my wife and I were pleasantly surprised by this motel. We've traveled extensively and consider ourselves picky regarding our accommodations. However, we also realize what a hotel or motel is expected to provide, given a certain nightly rate, and try not to make unreasonable demands. The lobby at the Scottish Inn in Eau Claire was well-kept, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the bathroom was clean and had obviously been recently remodeled. This is a MOTEL, where you drive up to your door. We weren't expecting this, but again, for $60 a night, we were willing to give the place a chance. We had a room on the bottom floor. It did not stink, the king bed was comfy and the 50" (+/-) flat-screen was great. We liked the bed-side lamps, which had built-in USB chargers for our phones. In the morning, the shower was clean, the water was hot, but the towels were small! There was a continental breakfast, but again, for the price, don't expect a lot. Hot coffee, fruit, bagels, OJ and cold cereal. One item- when you remodel the bath, go ahead and put in a new baseboard heater. Don't re-use the old beat-up heater. I'm not a renovating expert, but it would have looked nicer. We booked this motel at the last minute and chose it over the Super-8 next door based on on-line reviews. We felt we made a good choice and I recommend it.

Room tip: Request upper level if you don't want to listen to the folks upstairs do gymnastics.
Date of stay: August 2016