All reviews dorm size fridge would stay here again first floor microwave campus
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Eau Claire was the halfway point from Eastern UP/ Green Bay and central North Dakota. I paid $65 and it showed. The room was small and cramped and I can't imagine if it had been more than just me. The bathroom was very tiny as well and the shower gross. I liked the scent of the soap though. The AC didn't work and a box fan had been placed in the room. The window was actually a screen door and I could not get it open. Being on ground level I was paranoid all night that someone would get into my room. I walked by the pool but chose not to go in. It was a large gray room with no adornments at all, no attempt to look nice. The staff was friendly though, but I won't go back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
ABVICampusView, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. Your comments help us to better serve future guests.

We try very hard to make each guests' stay a pleasant one, so I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Many guests enjoy the personal patios and balconies, so it is unfortunate to hear that the additional door to the room made you feel uncomfortable. The sliding doors are equipped with a lock and a security bar for safety, so if the door is locked no one will be getting into the room without breaking the glass, as with any window. We do, however, have some rooms in the hotel that do not have patio doors and only windows. We certainly could have moved you to one of those rooms had we known that you were uncomfortable.

Some of the air conditioning units blow air straight up, so a fan will be placed on top of the register to force the cool air coming from the unit out into the room to cool more efficiently. We do have our guests' comfort in mind when a fan is placed in the room, but I do apologize that you did not find this acceptable. We are working toward replacing all of the units of that design and they will hopefully all be changed out very soon.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope that your next stay in Eau Claire is more enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We chose to stay one night in Eau Claire, as it was our halfway point, and the rate was decent. The location is easy to find off of I94 and super close to the UW. We arrived around 8:30pm on Monday night, and our check-in agent was wonderful. She was able to get us in a room close to the lobby, which was great. We loved the pools, especially the outdoor pool. There is a bar and restaurant attached to the motel, which is extremely convenient. The breakfast options are limited but decent enough. The room was clean, no issues. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
ABVICampusView, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that the customer service was good, and that you were happy with your room and the property's amenities. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Eau Claire!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We had a nice room here. It was the handicapped room but we found it to be fine. Clean, microwave, fridge included. Wifi worked well. They had a rollaway bed available which we needed for a small additonal charge.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and that you appreciated the amenities. We welcome you to come back and stay with us again the next time you are in Eau Claire!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

We stayed 1 night this past weekend, never again! We stayed as it is close to my 2 daughters apartment, they will be starting college in Eau Claire this fall and we were looking for a place for what I'm sure will be many visits over the next 4 years. From the moment we tried to check in it went downhill, we arrived at 2:10PM, the man working asked if we were checking in, as soon as he checked computer and saw that we had booked and paid online it was if we were lepers! He told us that check in time is 3PM as stated on the website, even though I watched the gal next to us check in 2 couples ahead of us. We were then stuck in the back corner in a dingy, musty, room, with worn out mattress', we literally had to switch beds (thank goodness the room had 2 beds) because I had a spring poking me, the other bed was so worn out we rolled to the middle. Breakfast is little more then a bowl of cereal. There is no question in my mind, we were treated poorly and given a dump of a room, because we used an online service to book our stay. If you don't want to work with a third party, then don't contract with them, do not treat their clients as second class citizens. We will find another hotel in Eau Claire for our visits.

Stayed: July 2016
2  Thank Mike C

Thank you for your review, as your comments help us in serving future guests.

I sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with your stay. It is unfortunate that you felt you were treated differently because you booked though a third party. We do appreciate all of our guests and strive to offer each one of them excellent customer service, no matter the booking method.

We also try hard to accommodate guest requests. You not being checked into your room early may have been because the room you were assigned to was not ready yet. We have a 12:00 pm check out time, so it can be difficult to get people into their rooms before check-in if the previous occupants did not depart before Noon. Regarding the condition of your room, I will discuss your concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance managers to make sure the beds are looked at more closely to ensure we don't have any bad mattresses.

Again, I apologize for your troubles. I do hope you will reconsider your decision to stay elsewhere and try us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

We stayed 5 nights at the Americas Best Value Inn for our visit to Eau Claire for a family gathering. We had to extend our stay on short notice and the staff at the reception was very efficient and helpful. The hotel itself appears a little old fashioned but the room as well as the bathroom and all other facilities were clean. Our room was equipped with a refrigerator as well as a microwave oven and a coffee maker. The cleaning staff was friendly and efficient as well. Everything was taken care of as expected. The breakfast offered by the hotel met our expectations. A selection of breads, muffins, bisquits, eggs, yoghurts and cereals was provided every morning along with an assortment of teas, coffee, cocoa and juices.
The hotel has 2 washers and dryers for guest use. They are located in the same room
with a treadmill and a stationary bike which could get difficult when the dryers are in use regarding the room temperature. The outdoor as well as the indoor pool area (with hot tub) were clean and the pool hours until from 7 am til 11 pm very convenient.
The hotel is located next to an Irish pub and several restaurants. During our stay we received vouchers for a complementary drink in the pub for every day. Unfortunately we were not able to use them.
If you are looking for a clean place at a good price this is a great deal. We can definetely recommend the Best American Value Inn Campus View in Eau Claire and will come back for our next family visit.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for reviewing our property. I am glad that the accommodations and amenities at our hotel worked out well for you and your family! I appreciate your feedback regarding the laundry/fitness area, as it will help to serve future guests. I will discuss your concerns with the owner to see if we can come up with a solution for the temperature.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to having you again. Hopefully next time you will be able to swing down to O'Leary's Pub to use those Buy One-Get One drink tickets!