“A MOST THRILLING & FUN-FILLED 4-SEATER AIR RIDE!!!”
Review of Scenic Air Tours

Scenic Air Tours
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Oh my! Pilot John Lumley [daughter Lizzy does the Eagle River Twisted History Tours] was terrific! The absolute perfect pilot for a ride like this. He was previously a commercial pilot for over 30 years & definitely has the gift of gab for his passengers in the 4-seater plane. My 2 gal pals sat in the back & I was up front as the co-pilot. I even got to fly the plane & was given instructions to fly higher, lower, and turn in a big circle. The 1-hour ride covered many of the scenic spots on the ground including some of the cranberry bogs, potato fields, municipal golf course, hockey dome, several resort locations both currently in operation & those that went bankrupt in past years, etc. John gave a wonderful history of the area & pointed out that Eagle River is a part of the world's largest chain of lakes initiating from the days of lumber passage down to Wausau, WI. Lakes were heightened or lowered to accommodate successful passage of timber. John took one of the gal's smart phones & moved it around in such a way that the end result will make us look like we are spinning in circles. To top that, he also did something to make us feel like we were parachuting out of an airplane. WHAT A RIDE! Scenic, informative, fun, sometimes a bit scary, humorous & opportunities for many photo ops. I'd do it again in a second!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank georgiaascher
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We got a flight at 8am on a beautiful sunny morning with very little wind. Captain John let our 13 year old nephew fly and get his Eagle Certificate which was an AWESOME bonus!!!! He has acquired a taste for flying and can't wait to do it again! We will definitely be taking future flights with Captain John and learn even more about the area. We got alot of beautiful aerial photos of the area and are looking forward to coming back and getting some fall color photos.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank scszydel
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Trust me when I tell you this: You will not regret taking this air tour. The views are amazing. I have so many great pictures. John, the pilot, is very experienced and narrated the whole tour, pointing out places all around Eagle River and the Chain of Lakes. We all got our own headsets! What a neat experience. I can't wait to do it next year!

Date of experience: June 2015