All reviews duck vaulted ceilings continental breakfast bagels instant oatmeal owners are great visiting family movie room home base small refrigerator other guests old style owners and staff north woods location is great off season chain of lakes
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We enjoyed staying at Hiawatha Lodge. We were in the area for a week visiting family. The Hiawatha Lodge Inn is an older property but is well kept and the owners are extremely friendly. The standard room we stayed in was sizable and offered a small refrigerator. The breakfast area held a microwave, toaster, and offered various breads and bagels to toast, sometimes donuts or pastries, cereal, hard boiled eggs, juice, milk, and soy milk along with fresh coffee or tea. The unit was cleaned regularly with sheets changed on Tuesday. Other guests were friendly, many come up each summer and stay at Hiawatha, and noise was minimal. Located just north of Eagle River, the Inn is not far from there or other Northwoods communities such as Conover, Phelps, or Three Lakes.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here during my years of touring with PMTT. Always greated with open arms and friendly service. Although I did experience the winter time everyone talked about the snowmobile riding in the winter and this was a great place to stay for all of the winter fun as well as summer.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I'm writing this only taking into account the room and none of the amenities because I just stayed here overnight with my son because we had a meeting nearby the next day.

The owners and staff are super friendly and if you (or someone else) needs some "quality dog time" they have a shy boxer who might greet you at check-in.

This is a pleasant break from the cookie cutter Super 8 and I feel good patronizing owner/operators.

The rooms were huge with vaulted ceilings and you have direct access to your room from the parking lot as well. It was clean and the shower head was mounted where someone 6'1" didn't have to hunch over.

We could easily hear the the TV and conversations next door in room 7, room 9 has a door connecting to it and that may have been a factor. I put ear plugs in and my son out his ear buds in, so problem solved.

On edit I would pick is the lack of a hair dryer. I searched high and low and didn't find one.

The continental breakfast was not special, but there are places nearby you can grab a hot breakfast sandwich on the go if that's more your thing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I stayed here during the off season while traveling for work. The entire establishment is military clean. The price of the room was very reasonable, and the room itself was impressive. The owner was VERY hospitable, and personable. This hotel is a hidden North-woods GEM. Although I came in late, and during the off season, the owners were still very polite, and accommodating, and didn't treat me any different for my late arrival. I ate and went for drinks at the establishment next door. Because it was snowing and not very nice outside, the owner walked next door by me, to make sure that I had arrived safely and was ok; This still stands out in my mind and speaks to the phenomenal character of the owner of this motel. I appreciated the owners hard work, and commitment to running a small business, as well as very much appreciating the kindness and warm and welcoming nature of the owners.

Myself and my Engineers will be staying here ANY time that we are in the area.

Room Tip: Request Lake View
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Rohhirim
Reviewed 23 September 2017

The Hiawatha is an old style, traditional hotel, few of which are left up in the Northwoods. The rooms are extremely large, with vaulted ceilings and the paneling and the woodwork, including the countertops, are of solid, polished wood. The Hiawatha is an older facility but has been kept up to date and the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The property is beautiful, with extensive shoreline and docks on Duck Lake, part of the Eagle River Chain of Lakes. There's a fire pit for evening bonfires, and pontoon boats and kayaks are available for rental. Small, continental breakfast available. There's a spacious recreation area downstairs, complete with a huge projection television. And, the price is extremely reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family