“Something New & Different”
Review of Catch 22

Catch 22
Ranked #29 of 61 Restaurants in Eagle River
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Description: Newly remodeled Steak & Seafood Charhouse. Casual fine dining located in Eagle River WI.
Reviewed 5 June 2017

This stylish new restaurant opened a couple months ago at the site of the old "Nemo's," on Highway 70 east of the I 45/ I 70 intersection. While not encyclopedic, the menu brings types of dishes not frequently encountered in the area like Mako shark, duck spring rolls, caprese salad, lobster pizza, mushroom ravioli and creamy onion soup. No deep fried fish and chicken here. At a recent meal I enjoyed my duck entrée, while my colleague devoured his farfalle pistachio pesto. The bread is served with a wonderful garlic butter. Wine pours are generous. Our server, Donna, did a wonderful job explaining unfamiliar dishes to us and checked on us frequently as we progressed through our meal. Live music in the background added to the ambiance but was not overpowering in volume, Love this new spot and have already told others about it. Hope to try new items later this summer when my wife and I return to our nearby vacation cottage.

1  Thank Joe C

Reviewed 29 May 2017

The menu was very limited, not much to choose from.The prices was very expensive the service was terrible. It took the waitress 20 minutes to come to our table, and another 20 minutes to bring us are drinks. This restaurant should be in Chicago not in the north woods.This restaurant will never see us back.

2  Thank William W
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We have been to Catch 22 previously for dinner. Multiple friends have stopped as well. The report was better than average food for the area but a bit overpriced on drinks. (For instance, Spotted Cow $6-7). We had a group of 6, stopped for appetizers and drinks on a Sunday evening. We get the bill after 2 rounds of drinks and 2 appetizers. It was $30 for 2 glasses of Cabernet! It was a brand that can be bought at the local grocery store for $14.99 so it was better than house but nothing spectacular. We asked if the bill was a mistake. The waitress assured us that was indeed the cost. I have no problem paying when things are worth it but this was a bit much. Our group is transplanted locals, we are accustomed to city prices. Not even tourists are going to be ok with $15/glass of mediocre wine. We probably won't be back.

3  Thank andmic510
Catch22charhouse, Owner at Catch 22, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Hello -
Thank you for revisiting Catch 22... as much as we love hearing great reviews, we take heart the not so great just as much. The bartender did talk to me later about a few of the prices, after re-looking at them we agree there were some that we to felt were out of line, and they have since been changed. Being fresh into this we admit there will be some things that have to be changed as we go. Thank you for bringing it to our attention that night so we can alter what needed to be fixed.
We hope that you will be able to visit us again for another try and have a drink with us, as we really want an awesome experience each and every time someone visits us.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I have been waiting for a restaurant like this to open in Eagle River for over thirty years. Originally from Milwaukee I have missed the fine dining experience slowly coming to accept a North Woods world of supper clubs and bar food. So I drew in a sharp breath when we entered a gorgeous, sexy bar and lounge without a dead animal head in sight. What?! The dining room decor proved to be just as elegant and upscale. But I knew my dream had come true when I sat down to a table with real linens not a vinyl tablecloth and silverware rolled up in a paper napkin taped shut. The service was incredibly attentive. The owner was present and outgoing. We enjoyed the special extras like roasted garlic for the divine bread and a soup shot. Food presentation and preparation continued to impress us. From their signature creamy French onion soup to the caprese salad, the lobster pizza and the prime rib we could only exclaim satisfaction. By July 4th I guarantee there will be an hour wait for a table, so locals get there and enjoy now!!!

1  Thank karenbox
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Great Experience Excellent service and the food was very good. Ate light, lobster flatbread/pizza, salads and soup. I would recommend all. Onion soup different than most and excellent, pizza absolutely loaded with lobster: great flavors and caprese salad was super. Will definately be back this summer. PS, Al, the owner came to our table and spent a great deal.of time discussing the new business he and his wife opened a short time ago. Best wishes for a very successful 2017 and beyond.

1  Thank johngaltline