New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Delafield
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect for Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

We booked a block of rooms with the La Quinta Inn in Delafield because it had the best rates near our wedding reception venue at the Delafield Brew Haus. After our stay, I believe we had a steal of a hotel experience! Great rooms, great breakfasts, our guests loved the pool, and all at an affordable price! The only issue I had with sleep quality was due to the uncomfortable pull out couch--but if that's the "worst" issue, then I think you've got a pretty good hotel! I would definitely recommend the La Quinta Inn for anyone staying at a hotel near Delafield!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Recently stayed here for a week for a dog show in Oconomowoc. The rooms were adequately-sized and were nice and clean. Even on the days we weren't scheduled for a full cleaning, the rooms were freshened, beds made and mirror cleaned, which is more than I was expecting. The rooms could use some updating of furnishings. I appreciated having the free wi fi.

Nice, large, grassy dog walk area around the hotel with deodorized clean-up bags provided. For a hotel with many dogs, it was surprisingly quiet.

Breakfast offered a lot of options - the fresh fruit was particularly appreciated.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

There were only two VERY small items that could be thought of as "issues": 1. no in-room safe and the safe in the front desk area is not large enough for a computer; and, 2. thermostat was difficult to operate. I had called prior to arrival and asked if there was a safe available and the young gentleman replied that the rooms did not have a safe, but I could use the one at the front desk (he didn't tell me it would be too small for anything more than small items like jewelry, nor did I inquire as to the size of the safe). I wouldn't have brought the computer if I had known this. On the thermostat item, it was set at 65 degrees when I arrived. I thought it was a little chilly, so I turned it up to 67 degrees and the heat came on (which had the smell of burned dust). I really just wanted to turn off the cold air blowing and let the room warm up a bit, but couldn't figure out a way to make this happen.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

I got a great rate as I stayed a full week so got a "weekly" rate of $55 per night and limited housekeeping - but they still give new towels daily and make the bed, new coffee. So it was a good value.

The outside of the hotel looks so new, the lobby beautiful so I was surprised that the furniture was so outdated on the inside of the rooms. Bedding is new but the dresser and side tables pretty old but still in good shape. New flatscreen TV's

There was a persistent old cigarette smoke smell in my room. The front desk did arrange for it to be deodorized early on in my stay but the smell never did go away. I even used almost a full bottle of febreeze on the room the first 2 days. I did not ask to switch rooms since mine was so convenient next to the side door as I was staying with a dog.

The walls in the bathroom have drip marks that run down the wall and onto the tile baseboard especially behind the door. I think from the humidity in the bathroom, even with an exhaust fan. Bathroom was very small, and the vanity was by the door. Which was a bit tight when we were trying to get ready and walk dogs in the AM. Small hanging space for clothes which was tight for 2 people with a weeks worth of clothing. Did have an iron and ironing board

The furniture and lamps are due for an update - the chair in the room was pretty grungy. I appreciate the desk lamp that has a plug in for charging phones/laptops. Wish the bedside lamps had that as well.

Had a small fridge and freezer which worked well. Small single serve coffee maker.

I really appreciate LaQuintas being so dog friendly and the poop bag dispensers and especially the trash can out in the back dog walk area is Very much appreciated! Very large grass area at the back of the hotel.

Exercise room had treadmill, belt was loose but when put on an incline it worked well, eliptical and recumbant bike. Room hours start at 6:30 AM

Staff was great, and the breakfast was good. Appreciate the flavored creamers! Breakfast was always ready early. Hot waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, breads, muffins, pastery. Fruit mix - sometimes from the can and sometimes pineapple/mellon mix. Apples.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

From start to finish, excellent. The best surprise of all was seeing the bed..new linens, lots of pillows, VERY comfortable. Hotel is spotless, folks are very nice, pets allowed (although the barking dog next door at 6:30 am was a smidge annoying). Right off the I-94 expressway. Free internet and a computer in the lobby if you need it.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not have a dog neighbor if you want NO chance of an early wake up call.