“Amazing!!! scones”

SchoolGrounds Cafe
Price range: USD 4 - USD 12
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: SchoolGrounds Cafe is an inviting cafe married to a beautifully restored 1910 one-room schoolhouse. Handmade bakery and pastry onsite daily and we also accept custom bakery orders as well. Incredible coffee and espresso beverages. Handcrafted breakfast porridge, gourmet egg sandwiches, belgian waffles, and frittered french toast served until 10:30. Our signature sandwiches and soups served from 10:30-2:00pm daily (served until close on live music days). Weekly live music events. Wifi. Catering and take-out orders. Gallery features distinct art and craft from numerous local artisans. Easy to find off I-94, exit 244, between Madison and Milwaukee.
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

My latte was very good, but it is their orange/chocolate scone about which I am dreaming. What an absolute treat -- I can't wait to return, and I will have lunch there next time.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

UPDATE- Now I have had their breakfast sandwiches and they are really good! My original assessment still stands... Great place with awesome staff, and great coffee!

Reviewed 15 July 2016

A truly welcoming space. Bright, inviting as the people that work there. A Family Business done very, very well. The coffee was delicious as were the scones. Had the chance to visit with the Owner as well. Great experience. Back tomorrow for morning brew I'm sure.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I am a regular at School grounds and every time I go in it feels like I am walking into HOME. I am always made to feel welcome and important. Not to mention the drinks are amazing and the food is top notch as well as extremely health and for the not so healthy days the baked goods are out of this world. Everyone should experience School Grounds!

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

What a neat coffee spot. Very impressed. Look like a one room school converted to a coffee stop. They are still making improvements. Very clean. On our way to Milwaukee and stop for a change of drivers. Great surprise. Food looks good and made with care. Can't wait for the next time we drive by. Hand made jewelry paintings etc.