“So Disappointed”
Review of Black Bear Motel

Black Bear Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cameron
Reviewed 6 July 2015

We stayed at this motel a year ago to attend a nearby annual car show in Chetek WI. Since we were very happy with everything at the Black Bear we booked again this year. What a different experience this time around! Knowing that there would be high demand for lodging over the 4th of July weekend, we made reservations several months early. We arrived fully expecting another good stay, but when we saw our room, we were disappointed to see that we were in the group of rooms which had not been updated. We could have lived with that, but the soap scum in the bathtub was thick enough to scratch your name in it. The bottom of the shower curtain was filthy and when I brought all of this to the manager's attention, he said he would clean the tub but then tried to run the hot water faucet only to find that it just spun around - no hot water and no stopper for the tub drain. There were just two dingy bath towels for guest use and the mattresses on the beds were so worn out they were like bouncing on a trampoline.The room entry carpet had large dirty spots by the door. We asked for another room, but were told they were totally booked so we declined to stay. Thankfully, we did get our card credited for the two night reservation and we were very lucky to find another place down the road. I do hope though, that no one else got stuck with this room. If they did, they would have been in for a big surprise if they wanted a hot shower!

Room Tip: If you want to try this place definitely look for the rooms on the right side of the office.These ar...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJBMLB

Reviewed 5 July 2015

I used to love this little hotel. It was older but alway very clean! 3 months ago it was sold to new owners. I had book my reservation before the sale so I thought It would still be ok. Our stay was a nightmare the place was extremely dirty and dusty. Sheets were dirty, the room smelled and they left the doors open while cleaning so bugs were flying around. Pillows were stained with blood. The bathrooms had mold and tubs were not clean, shower curtained stained. My feet were black from the carpet. Garbage and food all over the floor along with some white powder. Window shades damaged and lights that did not work. The outlet covers were hanging. I had reservations for two nights. We left after one and lost out on the money. As an ex travel agent I expect cleanliness and I no longer endorse this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We stayed at this motel last year on our way back from a vacation out west and it was so clean and neat we decided to stay again on our way home from a west vacation. BIG MISTAKE!!! Under new ownership and the parking lot and windows were dirty, the lawn needed mowing, the room was dirty and the towels were disgusting. We would not have stayed had there been another choice real close by. Never Again!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobluTraverseCityMi
Reviewed 27 February 2015

I was staying with my company here for work and because one person made a mistake they didn't clean our rooms for the entire week we were there, didn't change towels or trash, went into our rooms when we clearly had our DND signs out. Even management would just let themselves in our rooms without permission just to snoop!I would HIGHLY not recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2015
Travis T, Owner at Black Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2015

I 'am sorry that your fellow workers couldn't abide by the rules, after you have been staying there for a period of time, and being from Wisconsin, you know that Wisconsin is smoke free! Also know that we try our best to clean your rooms, due to all your items in the room we couldn't clean your room without moving all of your items, hence why we couldn't clean your room.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

Because of my job,I have been staying at the Black Bear Motel for the past 3 months. My room is always clean and I have no complaints what so ever. I go home on weekends and have peace of mind when I return Sunday night my clean room will be there. Another handy thing for me is a very nice resturant right across the street. If your looking for the Hyatt this isnt it, but it is a very nice quite comfortable resonably priced clean motel (a hard thing to find these days). I plan on staying here whenever my job reqires me too .

Room Tip: end rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 10jerry2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cameron
7.2 km away
11.6 km away
Pullman Motel
Pullman Motel
#7 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to Black Bear Motel? Share your experiences!