See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2015

I used to love this little hotel. It was older but alway very clean! 3 months ago it was sold to new owners. I had book my reservation before the sale so I thought It would still be ok. Our stay was a nightmare the place was extremely dirty and dusty. Sheets were dirty, the room smelled and they left the doors open while cleaning so bugs were flying around. Pillows were stained with blood. The bathrooms had mold and tubs were not clean, shower curtained stained. My feet were black from the carpet. Garbage and food all over the floor along with some white powder. Window shades damaged and lights that did not work. The outlet covers were hanging. I had reservations for two nights. We left after one and lost out on the money. As an ex travel agent I expect cleanliness and I no longer endorse this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We stayed at this motel last year on our way back from a vacation out west and it was so clean and neat we decided to stay again on our way home from a west vacation. BIG MISTAKE!!! Under new ownership and the parking lot and windows were dirty, the lawn needed mowing, the room was dirty and the towels were disgusting. We would not have stayed had there been another choice real close by. Never Again!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobluTraverseCityMi
Reviewed 27 February 2015

I was staying with my company here for work and because one person made a mistake they didn't clean our rooms for the entire week we were there, didn't change towels or trash, went into our rooms when we clearly had our DND signs out. Even management would just let themselves in our rooms without permission just to snoop!I would HIGHLY not recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2015
Travis T, Owner at Black Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2015

I 'am sorry that your fellow workers couldn't abide by the rules, after you have been staying there for a period of time, and being from Wisconsin, you know that Wisconsin is smoke free! Also know that we try our best to clean your rooms, due to all your items in the room we couldn't clean your room without moving all of your items, hence why we couldn't clean your room.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

Because of my job,I have been staying at the Black Bear Motel for the past 3 months. My room is always clean and I have no complaints what so ever. I go home on weekends and have peace of mind when I return Sunday night my clean room will be there. Another handy thing for me is a very nice resturant right across the street. If your looking for the Hyatt this isnt it, but it is a very nice quite comfortable resonably priced clean motel (a hard thing to find these days). I plan on staying here whenever my job reqires me too .

Room Tip: end rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 10jerry2014
Reviewed 27 October 2014

My wife and I wanted to spend the night at Turtle Lake Casino, and as usual, they were booked solid. She found this hotel on Booking.Com since it was the closest accommodations she could find. It was only about 20-25 minutes away......very clean and comfortable....pleasantly surprised.....great value.....would stay here again if we wanted to have another casino weekend. The only "drawback" is that the room needed a newer mattress....but I understand that they are slowly upgrading.... we will be back though....great value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple