“Great place to stay”
Review of Black Bear Motel

Black Bear Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cameron
Reviewed 5 September 2014

Excellent choice in Cameron, Wisconsin. We were greeted very kindly. The room was outstandingly immaculate. New mattresses carpet and furniture. The bathroom was very quaint, we loved it, and again outstandingly clean. It is close to many places to go fishing. The towns nearby have eerything one could need and to top it off there is the most amazing bar and grill right across the street with the friendliest people and the most amazing corned beef hash we have ever had. The only negative thing I can say is that is was sad to see people throwing their cigarette butts everywhere even in Lake Chetek. Such a beautiful place.

Room Tip: All the rooms face Hwy SS which is very quiet way up there and they have gazebos, picnic tables and...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roberta B

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked a room here based on the positive review on tripadvisor. I was not disappointed! The room we were given was exceptionally clean and had been recently redone with new carpet and furniture. The double bed was comfy and the recliner was awesome. We were not there to hole-up and veg in front of the tube, but it would have been nice to have a larger screen size and even better yet to have a flat screen...but that doesn't dampen my review. The staff were great bringing us a cot for the granddaughter to sleep on and extra towels. I would definitly book here again as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank talor919
Reviewed 18 August 2014

When first arrival, room looked clean. Pulled sheets back, found 3 black hairs between sheets. Would not sleep in that. 2nd bed, found what looked like blood smear on underside of bedspread. Gross. Towels were stained. Looked like maybe coffee stains. Furniture looked nice. Coffee pot provided, but no coffee. Shampoo and conditioner provided, but no soap. No hair dryer. No phone.alarm clock was unplugged....good thing I brought one. Owners would not answer phone and would not come to the door.I left message, they never came to the room to make things right. Do yourself a favor...pay $130 to stay somewhere else...wish I would have ! I could hear guy next door snoring.

Room Tip: Read ALL reviews....believe the bad ones !
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Travis T, Owner at Black Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. We have just put brand new sheets & towels in the rooms as you could see, since this property is a small independent motel we do not have 24 hour front desk as it states when you booked the room. Our normal office hours are 8am to 10pm, I am sure there was no blood on the comforter. Comforters at all of my properties get washed on a regular basis. As far as hair, I know are washer machines do miss hair, as well as we miss hair every now and then as it is hard to see/remove at times. I invite you to come back the next time you are in the Cameron are as I can guarantee you that you will have a much better experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean, and had a comfortable bed. The staff was friendly and helpful. This was our second visit and we would definately stay again. It's a nice quiet place to stay. A liitle pricey for a 2-bed room, but not outrageous.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Sara went above and beyond helping us secure a room for a family get together. They were fully booked when I called and I asked if I could please leave my phone number just in case a room became available. When they had a cancelation Sara called me and put us at ease. It was nice to know that she had not only kept my number but called me right away. It was so nice to experience her good old fashion sense of common courtesy and excellent customer service! Thank you Sara!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 728bella
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cameron
7.2 km away
11.6 km away
Pullman Motel
Pullman Motel
#7 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to Black Bear Motel? Share your experiences!