See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2014

When first arrival, room looked clean. Pulled sheets back, found 3 black hairs between sheets. Would not sleep in that. 2nd bed, found what looked like blood smear on underside of bedspread. Gross. Towels were stained. Looked like maybe coffee stains. Furniture looked nice. Coffee pot provided, but no coffee. Shampoo and conditioner provided, but no soap. No hair dryer. No phone.alarm clock was unplugged....good thing I brought one. Owners would not answer phone and would not come to the door.I left message, they never came to the room to make things right. Do yourself a favor...pay $130 to stay somewhere else...wish I would have ! I could hear guy next door snoring.

Room Tip: Read ALL reviews....believe the bad ones !
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Travis T, Owner at Black Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. We have just put brand new sheets & towels in the rooms as you could see, since this property is a small independent motel we do not have 24 hour front desk as it states when you booked the room. Our normal office hours are 8am to 10pm, I am sure there was no blood on the comforter. Comforters at all of my properties get washed on a regular basis. As far as hair, I know are washer machines do miss hair, as well as we miss hair every now and then as it is hard to see/remove at times. I invite you to come back the next time you are in the Cameron are as I can guarantee you that you will have a much better experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean, and had a comfortable bed. The staff was friendly and helpful. This was our second visit and we would definately stay again. It's a nice quiet place to stay. A liitle pricey for a 2-bed room, but not outrageous.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Sara went above and beyond helping us secure a room for a family get together. They were fully booked when I called and I asked if I could please leave my phone number just in case a room became available. When they had a cancelation Sara called me and put us at ease. It was nice to know that she had not only kept my number but called me right away. It was so nice to experience her good old fashion sense of common courtesy and excellent customer service! Thank you Sara!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 728bella
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Cute little motel. The owners are on site, (im pretty sure they live on site) The rooms are exactly as described. My fiancee and i got a double queen room. appliances are up-to-date. The bathroom is really cute. The rooms are clean an fit the whole "northern" like theme. Flat screen tv, wifi, what more could you need? Oh yeah! They have candy bars and snacks in the office to buy which is nice of them to provide those as well. lol.

Only one thing I need to note ; We got room #3 and the walls are kind of thin, either or the people who were in room #4 were very loud. but you could practically hear whole conversations if the room was quiet enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Room wasn't ready when we got there, and the service was extremely horrible and rude. Room wasn't very clean, faucet leaked, and was out dated. I would rather save my money and sleep in the car than go back there

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank chop3584

I am sorry you had a bad experience. We have recently renovated the property, and have replaced virtually everything in the rooms. We don't claim to be a fancy top notch hotel, as to why our prices are the lowest around. I invite you to come back to the property as we have renovated and check out all the improvements, such as new carpet, beds, sheets, dressers, night stands, light fixtures & all furniture's.