“Delicious, friendly fun gem in Burlington”

AepelTreow Winery & Distillery
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Burlington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Went with a friend to Brighton Orchard on the same property as the winery. Decided to try some wines. Milissa Meckie, who is a distiller there, was fantastic in describing all the wines they offer and walking us through our 5 choices--which included a spirit if we wanted to. Had the tasting bar to ourselves. Going during a weekday helps...she said they are very busy on the weekends, but have a 2nd, larger tasting room they open to accommodate people. Highly recommend!

All reviews
"orchard"
"apple"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

The best part is the free tasting offered. It was a busy day the day I went. The tasting was a little rushed, and I felt pressured to make a purchase even though I didn't really like anything I tried. No tours were offered that day because it was so busy. I understood completely but was still disappointed after driving so far. I'm sure I would've had a better experience on a less busy day.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We visited the winery with family which included an infant. The lady hosting the tasting has a great sense of humor and knowledge of the products we tasted. She made us feel comfortable even with a 10-month-old along. It is on the same property with Brightonwood Apple Orchard. Because it's a winery, I'm not sure I would really say it's suitable for kids. Since we only had one infant along, it worked for us this time. The tasting room is not huge.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

On the spur of the moment today friends called and asked if we wanted to go to a winery, distillery and orchard. Forty-five minutes later we were on our way to a "wonderful surprise", Aeppelthreow near Burlington, WI.

It's apple and pear based wines, ciders and brandy / whiskey! Yes, Whaley and it was very smooth. ( Note: the whiskey is grain based. )

Our tasting was really quite a tasty experience, and actually better than 90% of the tastings we've had in Wisconsin, Illinois and SW Michigan. The woman who guided us was excellent as she combined personality and a wealth of knowledge about the products and the methods. I believe her name was Melissa and she made the experience really worthwhile.
It's a lovely and well maintained farm and that too baked this special.

FYI : we had 5 tastes for free, which included 4 wines and a hard liquor. You also have other very reasonable options for increasing the number of ciders, brandy & whiskey.

We'll be going back!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2016

AepelTreow Winery is on the same property as Brightonwoods Orchard, and that fact makes your Fall visit even more worthwhile. This is a modest winery with a limited selection of wines, but it's still an enjoyable visit. And, after you select your wine, walk up the hill and choose some apples for your apple pie. They also have different types of squash and potatoes and who knows what else is in their building. It can be a fun-filled afternoon.