“Quirky and Fun!”

Add it.
Logic Puzzle Museum
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Burlington
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on Museum for thinking fun: 60 hands-on brain, logic and mechanical puzzles to try to solve; ring bells when you solve one, and make a puzzle to take home with you. The exhibit has vintage puzzles, a collection of sliding block puzzles, Chinese Checker Boards, Victorian Parlor puzzles and toys, plus more. The hands-on puzzles are the fun feature in 90 minute session visits. Visit website for times or call to schedule a time for a group. The museum is for families, seniors, adults, field trips, tours and groups. Visitors must be 5 - 105 in ages. The gift shop has more than 150 types of logic puzzles for sale for more fun later. Parking is free. The non-profit, educational museum was founded in 1995. Unique, good healthy fun!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As other people mentioned, it's crowded - but filled with treasures! Well worth the visit - I loved having a chance to play with so many puzzles! I'm a retired elementary teacher, and was familiar with some of them, but had never taken the opportunity to try them myself. I think my 10 yr. old granddaughter would enjoy this when she's visiting us next time!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We attended the Logic Puzzle Museum with our adult son. They had a special show going on, Mystery Objects. Who knew we would spend 2 hours there! The docent, Judith, was entertaining and knowledgeable, and we had a great time trying to figure out what all the objects were. Some were parts of other objects, some were antique tools. Many brought back memories of grandparents and parents.
The place was cluttered, but also one must remember that Burlington endured some terrible flooding, and space was being refurbished.
We all had a great time, and want to go back to see the logic puzzles.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

For a volunteer museum they do a great job of having knowledgeable folk running the place and the variety is awesome. For adults and kids.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I am a logic puzzle collector, so I was very happy to find this place. My kids and husband liked it, but I loved it. We drove quite a ways to get here, so we stopped at a nearby park and ate lunch before our tour. Working the puzzles was so much fun. I had hopped to find lots of new puzzles, but I must have been collecting too long myself, because I knew most of the puzzles she had. The kids got to play with some puzzles that I used to have (but have long since broken), and some they had never seen before. The next time we are in the area, we will be stopping by again.

This museum is for ages five and up, and the puzzles are difficult enough that it makes since to wait until the kids are old enough. The nearby park has a great playground where one parent could hang out with younger children while the older children go to the museum.

1  Thank Tracy S
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I must say that the lady's mannerisms and 10 plus flash card rules that she barked out at us and queer little ways sort of set us on edge at first. But once the kids and I started working on the puzzles (that are in the back of an old downtown shop space that is not too large) we really had a lot of fun. The front part of the shop is a puzzle store with a lot of vintage puzzles and puzzle books. We only had a few hours but we could have stayed much longer. The puzzle museum consists of about 25 or so hands on non-electronic puzzles or brain teasers that are done standing up (there is not room for chairs by each puzzle). Many of the the puzzles are the vintage type from years before electronic age took over and they really make you think. When you solve a puzzle the lady that runs the place has you ring an old fashion bell then she comes and checks it and has you take it apart. We were only able to solve 5 or 6 of the puzzles but it sure was a blast to see the teens try to solve it and not be able to look up the answer on their phones (she forbids cell phone uses in the museum). We will go back again because they want to solve the puzzles they could not while we were there. We found free parking right in front of the brown shop with it sign on top that said the Top Museum. The lady that ran the place was very clear about it being by appointment only and she seemed like she meant it. She was nice but very stern at times. She would not allow you to take pictures of the place other than the picture she took with our phone and one of us holding her adverting sign in just the spot she chose. I don't think the picture turned out too great so I will not post it.

1  Thank cy_huber