“Super place to stay in Beaver Dam...”
Review of Super 8 Beaver Dam

Super 8 Beaver Dam
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Beaver Dam
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Easy to find, friendly staff and nice room. Close to a great restaurant and I could even check in an hour early.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Scott D, General Manager at Super 8 Beaver Dam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank-you for staying with us on your visit through town. Hope you get our way again sometime.

THE MANAGMENT

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at the Super 8 in Beaver Dam. The first night proceeded without incident. The reviews noting the very heavy chemical smell are absolutely spot on. The room was clean, but the smell very strong. Nothing fancy, but this place seemed to work if you need a clean and inexpensive option in Beaver Dam.

Unfortunately, I stayed a second night and things went from ok to terrible. There was a great deal of noise the second night (from 8pm to 9am) from the floor above. There were loud footfalls (sounded as if someone was running), followed by crashing and banging sounds that reverberated through the ceiling into the walls of my room. Not only was the noise an issue, but the vibrations caused my room to shake. It was not possible to sleep through the night. I called the Front Desk, I believe it was around 11pm but do not know the exact time. I asked the lady who answered my call could please talk to the guests and ask them to be quiet, that their actions were keeping others awake. The lady informed me after a very long pause that the most she could do would be to "try to call the room." I was quite exhausted at this point, but my interpretation of the response from the lady at the front desk was that she could care less and had no intention of taking any action that involved effort on her part. The noise continued for another two hours, abated briefly, then resumed at 2am. When checking out, I relayed this information to the gentleman at the front desk and explained that I had a problem paying for a room where it was not possible to sleep. I stated that I had attempted to work with the staff at the front desk to resolve the issue, but that had not accomplished anything. I was offered a $25 credit for my second night stay. Since I was not able to sleep at all, it is not acceptable to me that I should pay for the room. It was not usable for sleeping. The owner followed up with a phone call to me this morning, claimed he had spoken to the night manager who had not received any calls from guests then stated the night manager had gone to the third floor to talk to the guests. He stated that my account was false, but could not explain why his night manager visited the 3rd floor to talk to a guest if not prompted by my call or a call from another guest. The owner stated that the situation was resolved with the $25 credit. I cannot agree with his assessment. Not only did I spend a night in a room where I was unable to get any sleep due to the rambunctious behavior of other guests that hotel staff were either unable or unwilling to address, I have now been called a liar and spoken to in a condescending manner by the hotel owner. This experience is quite distasteful.

Bottom line: Not a bad option if there are no noise issues, but be prepared for no interest on the part of the staff in trying to resolve an issue if you have one. There are other options in Beaver Dam and other towns nearby. I've stayed at the AmericInn several times and never had an issue with other guests or working with the staff. I've learned my lesson about trying another Beaver Dam hotel and hope this provides useful information for those looking for lodging in Beaver Dam.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Scott D, General Manager at Super 8 Beaver Dam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

So sorry you're stay with has seemed to go so terribly wrong. The property has reviewed and looked into the evening in question. Once again all apologies rendered.

THE MANAGEMENT

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We enjoyed our stay at this Super 8 especially compared to another Super 8 we recently stayed with in the area. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank-you for the stay with us and taking the time to give a review on our property. Hope you can get our way again.......

The Management

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The room smelled like a combination of smoke and heavy cleaner to cover up the smoke smell. Continental breakfast was minimal compared to other hotels. Coffee was actually good. There also wasn't a pool like a competitor in the same city. The staff was kind and accommodating. My brothers family stayed next door and his carpet was actually wet, and shower curtain smelled like mildew.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Sorry for less then expected. The breakfast meets and exceeds most Wyndham S8 standards. The motel was built several years ago and a pool was never a consideration because of the land it was built on at the time. Smoke smell should not be as we are a free non-smoke public facility as is all Wisconsin. The shower curtain issue has been addressed to all of housekeeping. There is no excuse for that !!!!!!! Hope you can find in your heart to try us again and see if we can exceed to meet your needs. SORRY FOR YOUR ISSUES !!!!!!!!!!!

The Management and staff

Reviewed 6 July 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Scott D, General Manager at Super 8 Beaver Dam, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver Dam
20.9 km away
Inn Town Motel
Inn Town Motel
#2 of 3 in Waupun

Been to Super 8 Beaver Dam? Share your experiences!