See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Owners were friendly but I had the tag on my door to make up the room two of the 3 nights I was there. They came to "make up the room" one of the 2 times I had the sign up. The bed was made and towels replaced. The coffee was not replenished, nor were the cups. Ended up using one I brought for my son since I never received a new one. They did provide coffee when I went to the office and requested it and did apologize. I forgot to mention the cups at the time. The bedding is old but clean. Also, flushed a beetle down the toilet that I found in the bathroom. Cheap place to rest a head and everything was pretty quiet. It is dated.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The Barron Motel is a convenient, clean and a very accommodating place to stay. Also a reasonable price for a traveler that wants a good nights rest.
The motel has a campground for travelers with campers and motor homes. A convenient location for visiting the area

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2015

This is what I refer to as a strip mall motel. 12 units or so. Park outside your door. Went out for a great day of riding on the motorcycle and this was the half way point for our weekend. Nothing fancy. Clean rooms, in room coffee. Owner was friendly and the price was definitely right. Nice to know there are still some Mom & Pop type places for those of us that are looking for budget and clean facilities. Small campground behind motel. Picnic tables for everyone to enjoy. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2014

My husband and I stayed traveled here from the U.P. of Michigan. We stayed here while visiting family in the area. This is a great $40/$50 motel room, problem is they charge you $70+. Its not a bad room for an old Mom & Pop motel. They could use some new mattresses, we kept rolling to the middle. :) The disinfectant was a bit strong at first, but it was clean. The people that own it are very friendly and helpful.

Plus weekend we were there, their was some obnoxious & ignorant people there, that came home from the bar at 2:30 slamming doors both nights. (Altho this is not the motels fault, it was just part of our experience here).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I live in Coon Rapids, MN. We traveled to Cameron to see the Pioneer Village Museum. This is a great motel to stay at because it is very quiet and very clean. The house keeping is great and the couple that own motel are very friendly. There is a camp ground at the site for those who wish to camp. Pioneer village Museum is open from the last Thursday in May to the second weekend in September. The museum is well worth your visit and the admission you pay to see it. It is the star attraction in all of Barron County Wisconsin. We love the museum.

There is no swimming pool or fitness center. No continental breakfast but the motel has refrigerators in the rooms.

Room Tip: Exceptional House Keeping and Service.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple