“Very friendly staff and comfort food after a long drive.”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 October 2018

We stopped here for dinner and found it not as busy as usual due to the late hour and cooler than usual fall weather. The hostess was working her very first shift and was being helped by another employee as she was nervous but did just fine.

Our server was quite friendly and the food was piping hot and delicious as always.

Same as most all of the Cracker Barrel restaurants as we don't have one near home.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

My family ate here on 10/5/18 for dinner and I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be from the reviews placed. I generally do not eat at restaurant chains. The fireplace was lit and warm which made it feel cozy. Plenty of decor to keep you busy while waiting for your meal to arrive. I ordered the rainbow trout, it came out hot and flavorful. The skin wasn't crispy at all so you should probably just remove it. The macaroni and cheese was flavorful but overcooked. The turnip greens were cooked perfectly not mushy, but were cold at arrival. They could do with a bit of red pepper flake or hot sauce and salt. Also, instead of using shredded beef you should try bacon or ham in the greens. It will amp up the flavor a lot. (I'm a chef.) The corn muffins and biscuits were a hit and miss. Some were soft and warm others were dry, hard, and cold. Not a lot of flavor either. The shop connected was nice. I love looking through old-time candy and decor. The staff was friendly and patient. The establishment seemed fairly clean. Overall not bad but the menu could use some improvement.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We were immediately seated for breakfast, had an awesome, attentive server & the food came out extremely fast and tasted delicious. Great experience.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Place could certainly use some help. Hostess was burned out by the job and the tourist masses to be in much of a hurry or properly greet customers. Server was clearly burned out by the job and indifferent to customer service in general, especially towards our table with kids. She didn’t bother to check on us, ask if we needed refills or napkins (we did) and was nowhere to be found (probably out back on a perpetual smoke break) when we really needed those napkins. Have been to plenty of Cracker Barrels in other states, and this one definitely lacks any and all charm and hospitality from the staff that occasionally makes Cracker Barrel a refreshing place to visit with a family.

Cashier wouldn’t accept a digital gift card (had to be printed). Manager claims he didn’t have access to the restaurant’s office to print the gift card for me.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 25 September 2018

For me, Cracker Barrel never disappoints. What do you crave? Eggs, biscuits, pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash brown casserole, ham, fried chicken, beef stew, cod, catfish, hamburgers, club sandwiches.

Date of visit: June 2018