“A little slice of heaven!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Wawanissee Point

Inn at Wawanissee Point
Ranked #1 of 4 Baraboo B&B and Inns
Naperville, Illinois
“A little slice of heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here to celebrate Valentine's Day weekend in 2012 and absolutely LOVED our stay! The views of Lake Wisconsin are tremendous, the property is stunning, the amenities are fabulous, and the owners, Dave and Trudy, couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating! The Inn itself is within a stone's throw to Devil's Lake State Park and Devil's Head resort, and the Dells are within just a few minutes drive, so don't be fooled by its location on the map. If you favor B&B's that are high quality, *extremely* clean, and serve excellent gourmet food, you will find yourself enjoying a little slice of heaven here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, but the Teepee room is probably the best with its little balcony. The...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Galena, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed 2 nights with freinds, and had a wonderful time. Sat around fireplace and enjoyed light snack and wine with owners. Walking around and looking at the well appointed facility, I recognized the quality of workmanship they put into building the home/bed n breakfast. The woodworking and other hand made artwork is very impressive. Very nice walking trails for a morning or evening strolls. Owners were very helpful in guidinng us to other attractions and scenery.

Room Tip: We had the room upstairs with a pool and fireplace. Not sure of the room name. Very nice
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

A perfect stay. A warm, friendly escape from the city in a clean, comfortable, luxurious house with all amenities. The room was silent, beautifully maintained. A delicious breakfast, great wine and cheese service. And great snowboarding at Devil's Head around the corner. If you're looking for a lively Saturday night you may have to search a little harder than us but we came mostly for the quiet anyway. Would love to come again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

What a fantastic place, experience, and couple who run it! I went for a Fall weekend with my girlfriend for her birthday weekend, and we couldn't have been more pleased! Great view on the bluff, great grounds to hike, beautifully kept grounds, fire pit, great breakfast, excellent wine & cheese happy hour each day, and really nice, good people running the inn! I give it 5 stars. And, I would return in a minute!

Tim (Chicago)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Baraboo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

I want to be upfront- I haven't stayed at the Inn at Wawanissee Point. My mother and I accompanied by brother as he made reservations for his wedding night. The reception we were given by the owners was unlike any other experience I have ever had. I have grown up in Baraboo, and I have the dirt of the Baraboo Bluffs under my nails (metaphorically speaking, of course). I have never met two people more dedicated to sharing the beauty, love, and hospitality of our natural area.

The detailed craftsmanship, family effort, and design talent wrapped up in this home is breathtaking. When I was being given the family history behind some of the artwork I think I actually had to remind myself to breath. There was more than time that my mom and I caught each other with tears in our eyes. The love and family history is in every stone, panel, and slab you see.

My sister-in-law loved the surprise destination on her wedding night. It was appropriate for her husband to share the view of the land he loves with her as they set out on their life together. They are settling in Baraboo now...And I hope to send them back to the Inn on their 5 year anniversary.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room- ANY room will be the best you've ever had!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
11.5 km away
11.3 km away
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
24.7 km away
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#5 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
15.4 km away
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
24.6 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#22 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Inn at Wawanissee Point? Share your experiences!