“"An Absolutely Vibrant Value Of Village The Village Booksmith!"”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Village Booksmith & Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Baraboo
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

A Quaint Jewel of a shop in the downtown Baraboo area, right on the Square! This place has been around & currently it's celebrating 20 years here.
The relatively new owner Rob has been around for a little over s year & he's definitely worth a visit! Extremely knowledgeable & helpful as well...we delighted to locate an addition to our Beatrix Potter collection for our grands! Yes, finally The Tale Of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle comes home with us! I even took time to relax & read it while there. Great condition new & used books for most any topic!
Such a comfortable welcoming and friendly place to meander about, thanks so much to Rob!
Numerous Free Events are held here & May 2018 is host of several! A Mostly musical open mic night, quiz night, book signing, acoustic jam, & dialogue on women, (men too) & the current political culture are scheduled!
We've been very appreciative and so happy to return for visits here, clean, highly organized & great ambiance...

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Village Booksmith is a definite must see if you love books. They have a large assortment of books in an inviting setting. The staff is friendly and are very willing to help. It is a wonderful example of what an independent bookstore should be.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Avid readers love bookstores, and a vintage bookstore like Village Booksmith is the best bookstore to visit! Good selection of rare, old, and collectible titles. The owners / employees seek out quality titles, always reviewing before offering to the customer. Upon entrance, a customer will immediately sense a pause in the passage of time - books stacked in every space, worn covers, muted colors, with subtle lighting, and excellent customer service. Powerful impression when one considers the voices of the authors speaking from the shelves - surviving decades to centuries to speak to a reader today.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I am a Baraboo native and collector of rare books. I return 1-2 times a year, and always visit the Village Booksmith, always impressed with their collection of first editions and other rare books. Do go!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 20 May 2016

I love this place. Once you buy your book, you can saunter across the street and pick a park bench on the historic Court House Square or just sit on the grass. I was looking for a specific children's book for my grandson on submarines, couldn't find it anywhere else so I tried here. There it was, little more than I wanted to spend on a used book, but it was for my grandson. It is just such a cozy place to browse the shelves. I don't drink coffee, but the aroma is grand.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank JimAllen29

Been to Village Booksmith & Coffee House? Share your experiences!