“Old School, Clean, and Quiet”
Review of WilloWood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baraboo
WilloWood Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
US
“Old School, Clean, and Quiet”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The bed needed replacing (too soft, like it'd been in service a long time) but our experience was overall a good one. The proprietors are friendly and it has a lot of amenities like an evening campfire behind the main office. The best part is that they keep it quiet with enforced quiet hours for guests between 10pm and 8am. This makes it quite family-friendly. Well kept grounds also give the feel of a garden setting when you're at the facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new bed, or maybe a firmer bed. Ours was pretty squishy/soft.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tripadv2k
willowoodinn, Owner at WilloWood Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
We always appreciate feedback on the level of comfort in our units. The bed in question has been replaced. We don't sleep on our beds and depend on our guests to let us know if there is a problem. Hopefully you will return one day and get a good night's sleep on a nice comfortable bed! Thanks again for letting us know!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My friend and I were looking for a place to meet halfway bt us (she is in Illinois, I'm in Minnesota). We chose baraboo simply based on location. Willowood Inn was adorable, and very inexpensive. The Lace Room was tastefully decorated and very clean. The owners were friendly, helpful, and flexible (let us leave one car there for a bit after checkout while we shopped). They also own two very sweet cats. The town was packed with cheap, delicious food and awesome antiques. This will definitely be our new meeting spot.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank carahower
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We based ourselves here for 3 nights to explore nearby attractions, House on the Rock at Spring Green, Devil's Creek State Park and Wisconsin Dells. There was a good choice of places to eat in the architecturally interesting little township of Baraboo.
The motel is located off a quiet road with in spacious treed grounds, quite a change from motels which open directly onto a parking lot. Outside each unit there is a small semi private pocket hankerchief sized garden with chairs. We were there in summer so enjoyed the chance to sit outside on a warm evening after the days outing. Our party had two units, one was decorated quaintly in cabin style with fur tree trimming around the room. The bed was comfortable and everything in the bathroom worked well. the units were very clean. We had to juggle the power points a bit in order to recharge our many gadgets, phones, cameras, laptops etc. The free internet was appreciated. This motel is not your impersonal downtown block of units, It would suit people wanting a quiet and basic but comfortable retreat and families. The owners have a code of conduct of respecting others with respect to noise and after hours comings and goings. We had no problem with this at all and enjoyed the tranquility of the location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank grevillia
MN
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The proximity to Devil's Lake State Park first caught my eye. After reading all the positive reviews from other patrons I was convinced this was where I was going to stay and I wasn't disappointed.
I met Steve when I checked in as well as the family cat which was bound and determined to be the center of attention at the time, deciding to stretch out right on top of my check in papers Steve was trying to go over with me. I had to chuckle and petted the cat for a little bit while we chatted about renovations that the office was going through. I thought it was great when he mentioned that if I had a cooler that I could bring it to the office to fill any time I wanted. I also noticed that they sell Willowood Inn t-shirts if you want a souvenir of your time there.
The room was quaint in the choice of decor and very comfortable not to mention extremely clean. In fact I left my room the next morning after checking in to explore and came back and my room had been straightened up, bed made, and garbage had been emptied. So I'm guessing maid service comes by every morning another plus.
The room had a tv, alarm clock, air conditioner, fridge, small table with two chairs, and of course a bathroom. Wifi is free which was very nice to be able to check on my email when I needed to. The shower stall was probably the only thing I had a little difficulty with due to how small it was. Without a lot of room it made it interesting trying to soap up but I managed ok.
I needed a place to eat and Steve recommended the Barn Restaurant just down the road. Thought why not as when I'm on vacation I generally stay away from eating at chain restaurants or fast food. The Barn Restaurant used to be a horse barn converted into what it is now. There is a small bar off to the side of the dining area where you can watch tv or you can take your drinks outdoors to the seating area outside. The beer list was amazing, over 200 to choose from!!
In closing you cant beat how close Willowood Inn is to Devil's Lake State Park. Amazingly short drive which enables you to maximize your day to the fullest. Steve & Linda were great and the prices were very reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Check their website for room descriptions, rates, amenities, etc. www.willowoodinn.com/
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank justjeff88
IL
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The checkin process went very smoothly. The staff was very friendly and the policies in force at this Inn all contributed to a quiet and restful stay in a room that smelled very fresh. The radiant heat was very quiet and worked very well.

Room Tip: Check the Inn's website for the themes of the room decor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thewamp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
4.1 km away
Motel 6 Lake Delton
Motel 6 Lake Delton
#4 of 11 in Baraboo

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Baraboo

Been to WilloWood Inn? Share your experiences!