All reviewscasino floorplayers cardrain showerslot machinespremier roomho chunk casinonice balconylong walkvaulted ceilingsdowntown dellsking bedonly downfallfront desk clerkgreat roomescalatortubs
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We stayed in Room 3226 last Saturday, 4/21/18. It seemed like the average hotel room until Sunday morning. They have thin transparent drapes for the patio window/door so as soon as the sun came up the entire room was lit up. Every hotel I have been in has room darkening drapes so you can sleep as long as you want. Then I went to take a shower and the water NEVER warmed up. It took five minutes to be tolerable to step in. We had it turned all the way to hot. It's disappointing to pay $100 for a room and not at least get to sleep in and have a hot shower.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Ho Chunk Wis Dells Hotel/Casino Mission Statement: "We will exceed our guests's expectations by providing an exceptional service and entertainment experience every time".
They obviously didn't share this with their employees.
Woke up to no warm/hot water in the shower. Husband and I took cold showers. Maintenance came up and told us mixing valve was shot. I've left 3 phone calls with the manager and haven't received a phone call yet.

I will never stay here again. I will never come here for any entertainment. I will tell my friends and family of my experience and their lack of customer service to make things right. In my opinion, I wouldn't stay here. There's plenty of great hotels in the Dells 15 min down the road.
Also, everything smelled like smoke. Their ventilation system is terrible.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank c0ates290204
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I haven’t even got to the hotel room part yet. I’ve been sitting in the meeting room since this morning and just took Advil for the headache caused by the smoke stench. Another coworker got some Advil from me too for the same thing.

It’s incredible how strong it is even in the non-smoking meeting area. I even was a smoker several years ago and it’s very overwhelming. I hope we don’t have meetings here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Too much construction spread throughout the property.Could'nt hear names being called in some spots in casino with ONLY 5 minutes to get to rewards club for promotion.Room was nice and Housekeeping staff Very Friendly.Pool was COLD ,but whirlpool spa was decent.Food at the buffett was Great and a good price also.Would go back wiyh special offer on room rates, otherwise its kinda high prices compared to other casino hotels we stay at. Slot payouts about the same as anywhere else.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here several times in the past with the last on Friday and Saturday night. At check in I was offered a discounted rate, off of what I had already booked, at the time I was happy to take the discount. But after staying here I am thinking that maybe even Ho Chunk is aware that they are not putting out the best in terms of quality. I can deal with the construction in the casino....it has been going on for years. But our room showed signs of wear and tear, which I usually can look past also. For example, the ice bucket had water in it that had been sitting long enough to produce a disgusting mold species at the bottom. The wood veneer was peeled off on one of the nightstands and it was chipped in the bathroom. There were holes in the bathroom wall, I guessing where the hairdryer used to hang. Some drywall corners were chipped. Most upsetting of all, shower temperature was almost unbearably cold. As others noted over a month ago on TripAdvisor, the water in the shower has to be ran for almost 5-10 minutes to even get it to a Luke warm temperature. Don’t even try to take a bath. Plus the opaque shower curtain doesn’t let any of the light in the tub area, the only light in the bathroom is located above the sink. The bath fan didn’t go on but I guess you don’t need it if the shower doesn’t get that hot. The drains in the sink and tub were slow and produced standing water.

But the pool area, which is usually one of the highlights of staying here, was pretty gross. The upper hot tub looked to be stained almost yellowish brown and half of the jets didn’t even turn on. The metal rails were rusting, which may be a poor design, but the chipped rusted paint was just laying in piles underneath it. You would think someone could take the time to sweep it up. Some of the tiles in the pool wall were broken or missing. And I think I noticed a plant growing out of the mold forming on the pool waterfall rocks. We were in the pool at 6:30am, so it had just opened for the morning, but there was debris floating around at the bottom of the pool (bandages? Gross).

As others also mentioned the smoke in the casino is pretty bad, and it does seep into the hotel area even in the non smoking room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple