“Lunch rush crowd”

Barn Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 72 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Luckily for us, we barely beat the lunch rush, but there was only one cook they said and getting the meals out took awhile. This is the little place that caters to the campers for the weekend. Typical lunch type fare. The service was good and kept our drinks coming until the food came out.
Once the food came out, it was all good, but lunch took almost an hour and we were one of the earlier ones to arrive.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended To Us by a gentleman we met during the Circus World parade in Baraboo over the weekend. Sister and I both ordered sandwiches with prime rib in them. After placing our order the waiter came back and said that they were all out of prime rib and wouldn't have any more available for 45 minutes. Had to reorder our meal selections which one was half rack of ribs and the shrimp dinner. Sister said the barbecue sauce on the ribs was not that great but not bad. I had shrimp but you're not breaded and didn't have much flavor. High Point was the free entertainment that we had which featured a two piece band that saying a variety of Music. Very entertaining

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I love this place and come here every time our family goes to Devil's Lake. They do a good job accommodating families and have a nice relaxed atmosphere.

The food is nothing conventionally fancy but it is all really good. I love the tater tot sandwich!

Also, the beer list here is unparalleled (and probably the reason most come here). I love that I can come here and always know I will be able to try something new and fun.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Waitress came to take our drink order in a timely manner-that was the only thing timely about this visit. My friend got her drink right away, however mine took a while. I thought maybe we would place our order while I was waiting for my drink, but that didn't happen. It didn't even happen when I finally got my drink. We finally placed our order & went to the salad bar. The salad bar is very nice with good selection. We both ordered the shrimp w/baked potato. We waited 45 minutes after we finished our salads until our food came. When the waitress brought our food, we were informed they were out of sour cream. What restaurant doesn't have sour cream? The food was good, but due to the very slow service, I won't be rushing back. We arrived around 5:30pm & didn't get out of there until 7pm. Do not go here if you are in a hurry.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Normally servers will at least make some kind of attempt to ask how everything was. Ours, who was also the bartender (Amber) SAID NOTHING throughout the entire process. No 'How was it?', No 'Thank you.', No Nothing. This place is as bad as it gets.

Date of visit: April 2018
awp1975, Owner at Barn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

I'm sorry to hear to hear this. I'm not sure you have the right person but I will talk to all my staff to remember to check back after the food order is delivered. As for me, I am Amber. I haven't been a server for a few years now. I do bartend quite a bit. And I try to get everyone greeted, with a drink quickly and ask about a food menu. I keep eyes on drink levels. I also gauge how much interaction a customer actually wants anymore. Many times I am the only person in the bar not on my phone. Many times there are couples at the bar. Also, both on their phones. My servers struggle taking orders and communicating with their tables because of phones. Me. Them. We have jobs to do. But feel uncomfortable interrupting. I dont know the details of your meal. I'm not sure if it was me or one of the servers. But I do know this. Myself and every person that works for me will use this review as a reminder for the level of service we expect of ourselves. There is a reason I have the best regular customers. And they keep coming back. I'm sorry we dropped the ball for you. I wish you the best.

Been to Barn Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!