See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 October 2015

My husband and I just returned from another wonderful weekend getaway at Kangaroo Lake Resort. If you enjoy a cozy cabin on a lake instead of the confines of a hotel room, this is the place for you! The cabins are spotless! Pat and Aarps are so friendly and kind. They go out of there way to make sure your stay is the best. They are not intrusive and make sure you have plenty of wood for the fireplace on those cool Wisconsin evenings. If you are looking for beauty, privacy, and old Wisconsin cabin charm, this place is for you. No King size beds and large hot tubs, but tranquil, cozy getaway. We will return, hopefully AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

I was expecting a cabin with a loft and ended up with a apartment over the top of a garage and another cabin. Had it not been so late we would have gone elsewhere.
For the price we paid we could have stayed in some high quality resorts and had all the amenities. No sheets or towels furnished, bring your own or rent them from the owners. Very nice owner's, minimal amenities. Like staying in a rundown hotel.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 870brucew
Reviewed 9 September 2015

I have been staying at Kangaroo Lake Resort almost every summer since I was nine months old and now as a twenty six year old young professional I can honestly say that I have an appreciation for this amazing place more now than I ever have before. My life is filled with nothing but the most positive and happy memories of Kangaroo Lake Resort. The owners Pat and Arps are the most lovely, hardworking people that you could ever hope to meet. The grounds of the resort are immaculate and the lake views and sunsets are unparalleled. The cottages are quaint and so special, my family's personal favorite is the Hemlock. If you are looking for a truly memorable, quiet and relaxing getaway from the world look no further than Kangaroo Lake Resort, I promise it will not disappoint.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 6 August 2015

We stayed on a weekend that was very busy for the area and this was about the only place that had a room left. And after staying I know why... As mentioned in another review, the owners are lovely people and the grounds are beautiful, but the cabin was beyond basic and the bed, which was supposed to be for a couple, could only fit 1 of us at a time. The couch in the living room, was very uncomfortable. The shower head was so low that my 6'3" husband had to kneel to be able to take a shower.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jennifergY2383XE
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Even though you need to bring your own linens and towels and scale down from your everyday amenities, this was a fantastic place for families. Very friendly atmosphere, kids can enjoy many neat things and play all day long at the beach or the front lawn, kayaking, fishing etc. We stayed there our second time this year and we felt even better. The people who run this place are wonderful, kind and would do anything to accommodate you. We simply loved every minute of it!

Room tip: We stayed in Hemlock Cottage, it was spacious and the screen in porch facing west was wonderful addition.
Date of stay: July 2015