“Needs Work”
Review of Sunshine Lodge

Sunshine Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Williamstown
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I don't want to trash this hotel. I think that they are understaffed. Lot's of painting needs to be done. Vacuum the common areas. Also the "Free Breakfast" is so sad. I only looked at it one time and never went in the room again. Positives, the staff was nice at the front desk and the water is hot. I hope they can pull it together it's a great location.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This place is areal dog. The rooms were clean, Wi-Fi was ok, breakfast a big zero, pool green. The halls were dark and it felt like a cave. The property needs work ASAP. The common areas need to be addressed, cleaned. It looks good from the highway, but up close???

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Stopped in at 11:30 PM and didn't have a problem using my coupon to get a room. The room had a hair drier, coffee pot, real good towels, and all the necessary bathroom amenities. This place is the cheapest around, but not cheap in what it offers.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This place is a DIVE!!! It was NOTHING like the pictures they show, and I'm taking bets that it's being used "hourly", and frequented by "guests" from the WViginia Welcome Center Rest Area that is LITERALLY next door!!! YES, IT IS THAT BAD!!! The stairwell to the 2nd floor was FILTHY, and covered in mud & God knows what else, and it wasn:t even raining!! The amenity shampoo, conditioner and soap in the bathroom must've been collected from the owner's clean & comfortable hotel stays in other places - the soap was compliments of the Rodeway Inn, the conditioner and lotion were compliments of the EconoLodge, and I dare guess where the bouquet bottle of shampoo came from...just ewwwwwww!!! The light switches were FILTHY, and the GFI plug had mold all over it. If u wasn't so tired from a long day of driving, I would be outta here in a heartbeat. The Health Dept really needs to pay this place a visit!!!! Not sure why places like this are even allowed on sites like TripAdvisor, Expedia, etc. Not a happy camper!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Dim lit room with stained floors is what I noticed as I came in the room. No bulb in nightstand light which help mask the gross stains on the nightstand and pillowcases. Shower floor was covered with sticky looking substance. I had to wear flip flops, i felt like i was in the locker room shower in high school. After 2.5 hours I woke up itching all over my upper body so I decided to leave, even though I went to sleep on top of the covers. When I went to the bathroom to change clothes I noticed my whole torso was covered in red blotches on the side i slept on as i stood in front of the mirror, the bad thing was I slept fully clothed due to the shape of the room. I sleep in hotels 90% of the time and most of the time it's Best Western or a Choice Hotel. I stayed here due to the reviews I read and after staying here just a few hours I left and decided to write my first ever review. The several reviews I read all said comfy clean room with great breakfast and must have been written by the employees. Oh yea the breakfast, stale corn flakes and danish that had been cut into two peices. Keep driving. I would give it less than terrible if it would let me. I am going to sleep in the truck till I time for work

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank travileemcg

Been to Sunshine Lodge? Share your experiences!